Fan Network Rant

Just watched the Denver files. WOW!

WHAT a difference! This is absolutely stellar. Major kudos to DCI not only for fixing the problem fast, but for listening and adapting to customer feedback. This is outstanding now! 200% better!

This is one VERY happy customer!

:laughing::thumbup::tongue::tongue::tongue:

P.S. Just checked, and the navigation problem is fixed in Firefox 3.5. I don't know if it was a problem with Firefox 3.0 or the JS library Fan Network was using, but it works perfectly now. Excellent job guys!

Edited by MagicBobert

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, nice. My defensive answer is that I was referring to the bit rate, which is not something that can be heard, but seen. But I'm glad to entertain. :)

I dunno. My ears can definitely tell the difference between V0, V2, and 320CBR.

:laughing:

Nice. V0 is the way to go :)

I can too. I know the APDs are done in 320 mostly for compatibility reasons. I'm sure FLAC, ALAC, m4a, and several other very transparent choices are out there, but for audio, it's ultimate compatibility. For video, same thing. CBR is predictable, and offers the least client-level problems.

DCI's office isn't very big. Be grateful of how hardworking these guys are. I do video and sound and yes they don't have to do much editing and the quality isn't perfect... BUT I also do web design, and it is NOT easy to keep such a large web organization up to date and perfectly on time! Especially when you have to work with so many demanding fans like yourself.
Why are you making excuses for DCI they sold their product and it dosen't work right and theirs alot of people

out there that are on very limited incomes and a few that I know that are house bound and can't get out to enjoy a show

like the rest of us and it's not fair to them , let alone the rest of us ! DCI should be held accountable . Either they put out a

prouduct that is a respectable product or don't put out at all !

Either they put out a prouduct that is a respectable product or don't put out at all !

Off topic, but....

thats-what-she-said-300x300.jpg

Some typos too. For instance, Blue Devils played in Orlando, only it was the Glassmen.

I can understand where people are sad about the audio rate, but if you're trying to convert people based off of a high-cam video in June then you're doing it wrong. The point of the Fan Network is to allow the fans to follow the development of the shows over the summer, not provide cheap alternatives for the CD/DVD offerings. I have no problem with the audio quality of the productions so far, but then again I'm not an audiophile. (In fact, audiophile whining is a sure way to lose my support for your cause.) I want to SEE the shows. If I want a high-quality recording mid-season, I'll buy the APD.

If you want quality audio BUY THE APD and SUPPORT THE CORPS!

You don't have to be an audiophile to know that 16 kbps sounds terrible... A monkey could decipher CD quality audio (192 kbps+) vs. FN audio easily. If I'm already paying a subscription fee for streaming video with comparable (sync'd) audio then I expect it to sound decent; not like it has been output from a blown out speaker...

<one of many reasons I haven't renewed my subscription this year>