Boston Crusaders vs. Phantom

1.5 point seperation tonight. could you imagine if Boston overtook last year's champions?

I really like the Crusaders show this year and really dislike PR's.

Stranger things have happened.

Cali.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by the scores. I hear Phantom is changing things so they are dirty, but still, its getting closer. Boston must be stepping it up. They are a dark horse this year I think.

GO CRU!!! Very nice to see. :worthy::tongue::worthy::tongue:

I think anything is possible and I really don't think it's fair to dis Phantom like alot of posters are doing

this year how would you feel if your kid marched last year and got that ring and is marching this year

and will have trouble staying in the top 5 and maybe lower who knows , so don't get to nasty we are

supposed to set an example to our younger charges and this isn't the way to do it ! Rudi

I think anything is possible and I really don't think it's fair to dis Phantom like alot of posters are doing

this year how would you feel if your kid marched last year and got that ring and is marching this year

and will have trouble staying in the top 5 and maybe lower who knows , so don't get to nasty we are

supposed to set an example to our younger charges and this isn't the way to do it ! Rudi

I know there is a lot of pressure on Phantom this year to repeat. I've got a few friends marching there, while I envy them, I don't think I'd like to be in their position right now. Stress will be heightened as the staff start hunkering down on the members.

Don't get all excited yet. The shows aren't comparable. And it's July what? I just gave Boston a ton of props in the show thread, so dont' get me wrong. It's great to take that boost from being close to the defending champ, but there are still 4 weeks left :)

how would you feel if your kid marched last year and got that ring and is marching this year

and will have trouble staying in the top 5

Um...is this a trick question?

Lets see, how would I feel if my kid got a ring? (and was part of one of the greatest shows ever).

I'm not sure, but I think I would be pretty #### proud.

"and is having trouble staying in the top 5"

Oh my god...do you KNOW how many kids would love to be in the top five...six...or seven?

Phantom is going to take their licks like every other corps. I have yet to see a corps on this

forum that hasn't taken a beating at one time or another...some on a daily basis.

I'm thinking those phantom kids are going to be fine. They are very talented and I'm sure

they will be "OK" regardless of where they end up...

wow.

Cali.

Um...is this a trick question?

Lets see, how would I feel if my kid got a ring? (and was part of one of the greatest shows ever).

I'm not sure, but I think I would be pretty #### proud.

"and is having trouble staying in the top 5"

Oh my god...do you KNOW how many kids would love to be in the top five...six...or seven?

Phantom is going to take their licks like every other corps. I have yet to see a corps on this

forum that hasn't taken a beating at one time or another...some on a daily basis.

I'm thinking those phantom kids are going to be fine. They are very talented and I'm sure

they will be "OK" regardless of where they end up...

wow.

Cali.

Cali--you're the one who started the thread...you shouldn't be surprised if things get hot in here.

A couple things are in play here; it's funny how we look at the previous year's champ and expect that we're looking at the same corps, when in reality, it's a completely different group of kids...same with Boston. It's not that Boston is miraculously good this year or that Phantom sucks--we're just looking at corps from opposite ends of the top 12 meeting in the middle. I feel bad for Phantom, only because last year's show was so breathtaking, I couldn't possibly imagine a sequel as exciting. What's cool is what we all whine about *not* happening, seems to be happening, that is that corps this year seem to be getting judged on what they are putting on the field, not what they put on the field last year, which is what should happen, right? This is just the most extreme example available at the moment.

I like the fact that GMen, Boston, Stars *and* Phantom can all win a caption on the same night--that's cool, and a decent argument against slotting, in my opinion.

Boston vs. Phantom though? We'll see. For those that don't remember, check the finals scores from the early 2000s...it's happened before.