Habanero Hot In Houston

QUOTE (anniem @ Jul 16 2009, 11:00 PM)

lol. So how do I add that banner to my status? I want one so I am judged partially on my affiliation with a specific corp too.

I hope in a good way. I've already done a poor job of getting myself across to another Cadet. Its the last thing I want to do. I heart Cadets.

Hey anniem, that made me chuckle also. As you can see,by my banner, I am definately affiliated with a corps. Do you have a pic of your kid...send it my way and I'll see if I can make a banner for ya. In between my sewing of course.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry Potter bores me. :biggrin: I fell asleep during the first one and haven't revisited the series yet.

Eh, they get better as they go along

But no to #### off the other people in here...

I think this year of Crown vs. Cadets is going to go down as one of the most epic rivalries in a season. Troopers and Colts too.

no problem...but no one has answered my questions yet. On first glance, did you LIKE the green strings, green tights, green everything? Did it have to be explianed to you.....

It did not have to be explained to me. Did I like it? I really don't think that applies. I never really "like" uniforms.... I don't go to drum corps shows to see the uniforms. I appreciate that the designers went all out to theme a show though, and I really don't see how these things distract from their show in any way.

It's hilarious that Cadets people are talking about things having to be "explained" to you... Not so much funny as thoroughly ironic considering 2005-2008...

My questions are not that of a "Cadet"....but as a designer. Don't start something where there isn't anything to start.

and still no recaps. argghhh!

no problem...but no one has answered my questions yet. On first glance, did you LIKE the green strings, green tights, green everything? Did it have to be explianed to you.....

"I am asking as a designer a simple question. Did you understand and like the green strings, guard uniforms, etc. at first glance. "

I was attempting to answer the "understand" part of your question. As another CC parent said, I had also seen the show over and over and over and over and..... before I ever saw it with the uniforms so I don't think I can be objective about the "first glance" thing. The rest of you (meaning the audience of non Crown fanatics) saw the show and the uniform together as a package on first glance.

Do I like them? Yes, I love them. I love the wooly little asparagus things. And I am biased.

Edited by anniem

It did not have to be explained to me. Did I like it? I really don't think that applies. I never really "like" uniforms.... I don't go to drum corps shows to see the uniforms. I appreciate that the designers went all out to theme a show though, and I really don't see how these things distract from their show in any way.

:biggrin::tongue::worthy: THANK YOU!!

Purdue, eh? Jordan and Patrick, eh? I'm living with them next year :biggrin:

Welcome to the Purdue DCI family. I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point. Boiler up!

Excellent! Are you from Indy? I am visiting campus and have a meeting with admissions while I am up there for Finals week.

I am going to have to learn to like basketball I hear. My undergrad certainly was subpar in that dept.

Excellent! Are you from Indy? I am visiting campus and have a meeting with admissions while I am up there for Finals week.

I am going to have to learn to like basketball I hear. My undergrad certainly was subpar in that dept.

Don't worry. So's your choice of grad school. :biggrin:

<----- IU grad