What am I missing?

Corps at the top are usually the ones taking the most heat from fans here at DCP.

I won't mention corps by name, but there are many corps in the lower placing range, that "don't do it for me".....I just kind of find it funny that many people will have the courage to bash a top tier corps, but are too afraid to actually bring up things they might not like about lower corps.

No one wants to bully a lower corps, but many want to be the lil chihuahua barking at a doberman.

Not to sound like a jerk 'cause I don't agree with the practice but that happens because as Americans we're afraid to let anyone feel like a loser... thus we look down upon making fun of or even calling people "lesser"... on that same token we always bash "winners" 'cause we don't want people to get the idea that they're better than anyone else... everyone's a winner now... wtf?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually agree with that. I could see that going either way. SCV beating the Cadets that year in brass is still just awful, IMO.

That was my age-out year and I will agree with that. I remember watching the DVD later and thinking "we beat the Cadets in brass? wtf?" Although we did have a very solid euph line IMO. :laughing:

That's what comes with the cake and the party hat. It happens in all aspects of life. The team, group, band, corps, player on top always has a bullseye on their back with everyone taking a shot at them. Far less people even pay attention to what is happening with lower placing groups. That's just how it goes.

Yes, and this is very unfortunate........ it is something that usually happens out of jealousy.

I'm curious as to if it's even possible that Phantom may have gotten a teeny little bit of bias in both years they won.

If anybody is going to accuse that of BD, then surely they can at least entertain the thought that it has happened to their favorite corps. Just maybe?

NOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY its only the DEVS and CAVS that the judges love. NOONE ELSE...how dare you

That was my age-out year and I will agree with that. I remember watching the DVD later and thinking "we beat the Cadets in brass? wtf?" Although we did have a very solid euph line IMO. :laughing:

Just to let you know, I didn't realize you marched SCV until just now.

I'm curious as to if it's even possible that Phantom may have gotten a teeny little bit of bias in both years they won.

If anybody is going to accuse that of BD, then surely they can at least entertain the thought that it has happened to their favorite corps. Just maybe?

last year, probably. '96, not as much.

But you are doing just that right...

...here. I'm just asking you to be specific. That's all.

Fair enough....send me all the judges sheets from the last 10 years. I'll watch all of the performances again, score them my way and get back to you.

In all seriousness I'm looking at is the track record of overall placement in the last 15 years and basing my conclusion of bias upon that. If that's folly, then it's folly, but as I said I call it as I see it.

You've also said that the judges gave BD a gift by coming in 2nd last year by a small margin. Can you elaborate please, because I'm fascinated by that.

Lance, come on man. I never typed the words "the judges gave BD a gift by coming in second last year". That's your interpretation of what I said, but that was not what I was saying at all. You know for all your criticisms of "crazies" on this board it certainly seems as though I've hit a particular never with you. One could certainly infer from your comments you might have a little, dare I say BIAS yourself towards BD? You seem to be taking the comments personally. Fairly strange behavior for a forum MOD.

Fair enough....send me all the judges sheets from the last 10 years. I'll watch all of the performances again, score them my way and get back to you.

In all seriousness I'm looking at is the track record of overall placement in the last 15 years and basing my conclusion of bias upon that. If that's folly, then it's folly, but as I said I call it as I see it.

Lance, come on man. I never typed the words "the judges gave BD a gift by coming in second last year". That's your interpretation of what I said, but that was not what I was saying at all. You know for all your criticisms of "crazies" on this board it certainly seems as though I've hit a particular never with you. One could certainly infer from your comments you might have a little, dare I say BIAS yourself towards BD? You seem to be taking the comments personally. Fairly strange behavior for a forum MOD.

Yes, I like BD. I'm also wild about Phantom's 08 show, and was fine with it winning. It's not like it takes a post-graduate linguistics degree to infer that you thought BD should've come in 2nd by more last year, and therefore, that the only way they didn't was as a gift from the judges. I'm simply asking you to be specific.

You haven't hit a nerve with me. I just tend to question wild/crazy statements and ask for specifics.

Anyway, fromthepressbox has scores and recaps if you ever care to back up your claims.

Absolutely, but it's not as strong of a case when it only happened twice in the last 12 years as compared to BD's track record over that same amount of time. And all that bias accounted for a cumulative +.0125 total scoring advantage over BD in those years. That's a pretty weak argument, but I'm just a PR honk anyway, right?

While you are trying to paint me as wearing only Phantom colored glasses, I'm a reasonable person who can be objective. As a matter of fact I think PR's show this year is very dull and boring. They are executing well enough up to this point, but unless they make some major changes they have no chance of repeating or even making the top 3 IMO. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but that's what it looks like from my seat.