dca / DCI and electronics

I don't know the numbers, but I'm pretty sure the vote for amps wasn't 10-0. A director obviously had to propose it, and I don't think it was only one person who voted yes.

Again, not entirely sure about that. I believe it happened going into the 2007 season.

Why is this thread listed as having 0 views? Lame..

Glitch in the system. The "Wedding Pictures" thread in the Bored forum also has zero views despite multiple postings. Ignore the number for the time being.

From what I remember, it's suppose to be that way.

That way the server isn't getting over-used someone loads a page and it has to constantly update the topic post counts. Something like that.

Back on topic: I don't think DCA should have to worry about bridging the gap with DCI anymore. DCA's membership is getting younger and younger. It is no longer trying to recruit DCI age outs. It's a place for kids to march that aren't college music majors or want something different from DCI as well as people over 22 that want to continue to perform. It's even evolved since Bb became legal. I think at this point there are 2 distinct circuits that have their own following of marching members of the same age group and the up side is you can't age out of DCA.

I don't know the numbers, but I'm pretty sure the vote for amps wasn't 10-0. A director obviously had to propose it, and I don't think it was only one person who voted yes.

Again, not entirely sure about that. I believe it happened going into the 2007 season.

From what I understand the rule proposal went to the percussion caucus and never left; voted down there. So the 10 directors never voted on it.

DCA's membership is getting younger and younger. It is no longer trying to recruit DCI age outs.

I am not sure that is true.

What I do believe is that DCA shows are getting more sophisticated.They are requiring more sets,more movement and faster tempos to stay competitive..This is great for the fans but not so great for the age 40+ peeps marching the show.

Give the DCA activity a few more years to "develop" and then you will see a place for high school kids a place to march other than DCI.

Senior Drum and bugle corps is dead forever!

Give the DCA activity a few more years to "develop" and then you will see a place for high school kids a place to march other than DCI.

That's what I'm doing. I got cut from a DCI Corps, so I'm working my chops in an all-age Corps. I'm not ashamed of it. It's a learning experience, and honestly I'm having the time of my life.

I don't think Senior Drum and Bugle Corps are dead at all, I think they're just starting. We have many 40+ year olds in our Corps jazz running at 172 in our closer without a problem, and I think that even if the shows get faster and more physically demanding, they'll easily be able to keep up.

Same here. Once the horns and percussion start playing, what electronics? I think it's a fad which will fade away, much like the over-use of narration. The only cool use of narration was Carolina Crown's horse race. The original poster is right tho, gotta watch out for amplified horn lines.

my take is right now everyone is going easy while they get used to it, and we'll see more and more

actually instructors caucus was 10-0. never got to directors

I am not sure that is true.

What I do believe is that DCA shows are getting more sophisticated.They are requiring more sets,more movement and faster tempos to stay competitive..This is great for the fans but not so great for the age 40+ peeps marching the show.

the age in DCA is getting younger