Tan Lines

Carrier tans are cool on tour. They are not so cool if you have have your shirt off after tour and someone is like WTF is up with that tan? It only goes downhill from there ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that were in the ranks, we've all seen "more" than tan lines on the bus. And after a while, it was just another body next to you changing. Some looked really good and were often given a double look; while some you hoped were the first ones changed.

Edited by shortn'sour

I was watching the webcast the other night and was struck on a couple of occasions where there was a close up of a guard member who had tan lines that about made me regurgitate my salisbury steak.

I don't know what the trends are of the day, so I admit that maybe it's sexy to have tan lines that are visible to the whole world, but I thought it was tacky.

I'm not sure what the solution is: either more fabric during shows or less during practice. Hmmm.

More tan lines = less wash to do on laundry day Granny :)

Have you ever marched? Your signature says Marimba. :thumbup:

Yeah, I play da Marumba in the Statonary Music Experience.

Does anyone else think that Granny is :

A) not a grandmother ?

B) not even a female ?

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

...tan lines after the season is over = "battle scars" or what you will.

Pre-melanoma, in perhaps too many cases.

The following is worth a read on DCI.org if you haven't already seen it.

Beware of the Sun

I don't think it's a big deal. I don't remember seeing anyone being distracted by what people were wearing when we rehearsed, but that's just me.
Has Hop been putting saltpeter in the Cadet's oatmeal again?

I was watching the webcast the other night and was struck on a couple of occasions where there was a close up of a guard member who had tan lines that about made me regurgitate my salisbury steak.

I don't know what the trends are of the day, so I admit that maybe it's sexy to have tan lines that are visible to the whole world, but I thought it was tacky.

I'm not sure what the solution is: either more fabric during shows or less during practice. Hmmm.

We used to do underwear rehearsals at star all the time. Would you be upset if my uniform revealed the terrible "mickey mouse" tan lines my hands had back in the day? How bout my feet? I had really terrible tan lines from the ankle down. I don't even think a burka woulda covered them.

drum corps = cancer tans!

I would love to know the % of drum corps kids who end up with a form of skin cancer... or at the very least, extreme skin damage..

my guess is 99.99999%