Blue Devils show

Just got my call for my youngin' out in SA...and he and the Blue team are pretty stoked tonight! I'm signing off for now, check you tomorrow if your around!

Have a good one! Hope your kid has a great weekend in Texas...if you're still on, does he/she have a day off tomorrow? I know Crown has a free day! Going to catch up with some of them then!

G'night! :shutup:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can add all they want to, but this show is NOT appealing to me or anyone that I've talked to. It's one thing to be good, and they're a #### good corps, but it's another to be entertaining. I ain't rushin' to buy the CD.

I know, you've said that before. There is a fundamental difference in the product BD is putting out and the other shows this year. But I'm tired and we can discuss this in tomorrow if you're around.

"You're welcome. You stated in your original post that they spend a significant amount of time seated. You failed to present any evidence backing this up, so I did your research for you. Unfortunately it didn't exactly pan out like you claimed. I'm sorry the facts don't prove your point, but that's why you do research before you make claims like that."

You do research when you make specific claims and argue against someone. I did neither. For me, sitting down for nearly a minute of the show is alot especially when other top 6 corps are not. I did not make a specific claim because my point was to get somebody to help me understand the mentality of the scoring better, not warrant an attorney's cross-examination. I left my assertion generic. I did not want to take the time to research it because I can't seem to find a way to go back, push pause, play, writie down numbers, etc. You make this sound like I'm defending a dissertation.

"Thanks for the compliments. Since you are so impressed with my aptitude, may I ask for a letter of recommendation for my graduate school application?"

You're self-elation ignores the points I'm making. You assumed I paid no attention to other parts of the show simply because I pointed out one aspect. As a candidate for grad school like I am, how can you not admit that it's not a fair or intelligent assumptio

"Yes, I marched 3 years. No, I don't think that 50 seconds of sitting on chairs is a "crutch" at all, especially when it's spent pushing an immense amount of air through your horn. I'm going to assume your a percussionist from your name, in which case I would not expect you to understand how physically demanding it can be to simply play a brass instrument standing still."

Yes I am a percussionist, violinist, and vocalist. I grew up with a brass player for a father, and my fiancee is music ed and a Bluecoat trumpet. I don't have to play a brass instrument to appreciated the diaphragm support and lung capacity it must take to play a horn period. But much moreso on the move and not seated since the heart is pumping more and requireing more oxygen. You make quite a bit of incorrect assumptions about me to be an intellectual.

"How exactly was I twisting what you said? You said they spend a whole lot of time seated. I posted facts that prove they do not. I'm sorry those facts are not in your favor, but that's the way it goes sometimes. No need to get angry over it and start attacking me personally."

I just explained how you twisted what I said. I simply stated how I did not understand something, and in my opinion they spent alot of time seated. You responded as if I had said 95.2% of their show was seated. That is twisting. You also responded as if I attacked you when I did not, which is another twist. I apologize for the personal attacks. I should not have done that. I did so because I took it personally when you academically attacked me when I had no malicious intent in my post. So there was likewise no need for that.

Have a good one! Hope your kid has a great weekend in Texas...if you're still on, does he/she have a day off tomorrow? I know Crown has a free day! Going to catch up with some of them then!

G'night! :shutup:

Yes, they're going to cruise the River Walk in SA and they're favorite Mexican Rest. (like they did last year), doing some laundry too. Night!

And obviously I'm having trouble figuring out how to quote segments properly on here. :shutup: Any help on how to be more efficient at that would be appreciated. :shutup:

"You're welcome. You stated in your original post that they spend a significant amount of time seated. You failed to present any evidence backing this up, so I did your research for you. Unfortunately it didn't exactly pan out like you claimed. I'm sorry the facts don't prove your point, but that's why you do research before you make claims like that."

You do research when you make specific claims and argue against someone. I did neither. For me, sitting down for nearly a minute of the show is alot especially when other top 6 corps are not. I did not make a specific claim because my point was to get somebody to help me understand the mentality of the scoring better, not warrant an attorney's cross-examination. I left my assertion generic. I did not want to take the time to research it because I can't seem to find a way to go back, push pause, play, writie down numbers, etc. You make this sound like I'm defending a dissertation.

"Thanks for the compliments. Since you are so impressed with my aptitude, may I ask for a letter of recommendation for my graduate school application?"

You're self-elation ignores the points I'm making. You assumed I paid no attention to other parts of the show simply because I pointed out one aspect. As a candidate for grad school like I am, how can you not admit that it's not a fair or intelligent assumptio

"Yes, I marched 3 years. No, I don't think that 50 seconds of sitting on chairs is a "crutch" at all, especially when it's spent pushing an immense amount of air through your horn. I'm going to assume your a percussionist from your name, in which case I would not expect you to understand how physically demanding it can be to simply play a brass instrument standing still."

Yes I am a percussionist, violinist, and vocalist. I grew up with a brass player for a father, and my fiancee is music ed and a Bluecoat trumpet. I don't have to play a brass instrument to appreciated the diaphragm support and lung capacity it must take to play a horn period. But much moreso on the move and not seated since the heart is pumping more and requireing more oxygen. You make quite a bit of incorrect assumptions about me to be an intellectual.

"How exactly was I twisting what you said? You said they spend a whole lot of time seated. I posted facts that prove they do not. I'm sorry those facts are not in your favor, but that's the way it goes sometimes. No need to get angry over it and start attacking me personally."

I just explained how you twisted what I said. I simply stated how I did not understand something, and in my opinion they spent alot of time seated. You responded as if I had said 95.2% of their show was seated. That is twisting. You also responded as if I attacked you when I did not, which is another twist. I apologize for the personal attacks. I should not have done that. I did so because I took it personally when you academically attacked me when I had no malicious intent in my post. So there was likewise no need for that.

Someone hasn't been around DCP that long. Don't worry, you'll learn to appreciate it the hate and anger. Just be one with it :)

I don't understand the animosity over BD. I have a hard time taking comments about not being interested in DCI if BD wins such and such, or losing all faith in judges if it wins seriously. Every victory by any entity is a "travesty" to some others. Some awful choices for champions have come from Cadets, Cavies, and BD over the years, but please grow up with the light your hair on fire histrionic comments. Goodness.

Someone hasn't been around DCP that long. Don't worry, you'll learn to appreciate it the hate and anger. Just be one with it :)

Lol. Yeah, someone hasn't. Alright. Not sure how, but ok.

I don't understand the animosity over BD. I have a hard time taking comments about not being interested in DCI if BD wins such and such, or losing all faith in judges if it wins seriously. Every victory by any entity is a "travesty" to some others. Some awful choices for champions have come from Cadets, Cavies, and BD over the years, but please grow up with the light your hair on fire histrionic comments. Goodness.

Well said Lance.