Ascending or a lucky year?

I am interested to know what years you are looking at. Glassmen since 96:

13-8-5-5-8-5-8-14-12-11-11-11-11

I'm a Gmen "honk" and even I can't agree with the OP. We've been stuck in 11th for four years. Only Crown comes close with 3 years in a row. Now IF Gmen break it out this year, that could change things.

Edited by KemoLondon

Nice Title ... .strange examples.

Troopers rising = YES

Bluecoats rising = NO

Blue Stars rising = KINDA

Glassmen rising = NO

How about Falling?

Spirit = YES

Phantom = YES

Crossmen = Maybe

Scouts = Maybe

Colts = Maybe

I think the only real stories this year so far are PR slipping and Troopers gaining steam. The rest is all relative.

Ummmmmmmmmm

Boston rising = BIG TIME!!!

Crown almost got into the top 3 last year, and they look to be possibly getting ready to finish top 3 this year, so I'd call that rising.

Things I expect to happen aren't included in my post :spitting:

Like Crown and Boston....

Troopers were a surprise .. the good kind of surprise

Phantom .. bad surprise. I watched the VOD from yesterday. It's not bad but they look about 2 weeks behind. Drill changes are mega dirty and I even saw quite a few blown sets and brainfart direction changes. The brass book in the last 1/3 of the show seems a bit .......... too difficult. They'll still move up. The storyline is not followable at this point, and honestly I don't even want to think about following a storyline this year. They have good marching technique and are playing very strong ... just dirty. I hope Rick hires a new Guard cap and drill writer for next year. All the unbalanced wedge arcs and exposed diags to the press box will never be perfectly clean. It's pretty much madness :(

Edited by supersop

The easiest way for "rising stars" to get up in the rankings is if the usual corps become "falling stars".

Madison and Phantom Regiment in the late 90's weren't their usual selves, and BAC/Glassmen/Blue Knights were able to shine through.

This year Phantom and Madison are both struggling in comparison to where we expect them once again. Only this time Blue Stars and CCrown seem to be shining through with regard to Phantom, and Troopers are moving up even more thanks to Madison's falter.

Obviously these corps already had a VERY strong base to compete with, but the fact that others around you aren't doing so hot helps A LOT.

Things I expect to happen aren't included in my post :spitting:

Like Crown and Boston....

Troopers were a surprise .. the good kind of surprise

Phantom .. bad surprise. I watched the VOD from yesterday. It's not bad but they look about 2 weeks behind. Drill changes are mega dirty and I even saw quite a few blown sets and brainfart direction changes. The brass book in the last 1/3 of the show seems a bit .......... too difficult. They'll still move up. The storyline is not followable at this point, and honestly I don't even want to think about following a storyline this year. They have good marching technique and are playing very strong ... just dirty. I hope Rick hires a new Guard cap and drill writer for next year. All the unbalanced wedge arcs and exposed diags to the press box will never be perfectly clean. It's pretty much madness :(

People will add their own comments anyway without the need for eye rolling, man.

Crown is definitely on the rise whether you expect it or not.

I expected Phantom to fall as far as 5th like they did from 96 to 97, but I'm surprised they could possibly fall below that.