Could Troopers be this years Phantom

Quick reply from the road: If Troop gets a shot at Saturday night, they'll do it because they've worked their tails off. But it sure doesn't mean that fans don't help. When they see those yellow scarves in the hands of fans, when they hear the yells and when they see the standing O's, of course it helps. It helps the kids keep going when tour gets rough. As I've been saying to the kids this week: this game is not played in uniform. This game is won and lost at 2pm at 102 degrees in Oklahoma after 6 days of show-travel-4 on the floor - rehearse - show - travel 4 on the floor...... etc.

We'll see what happens, but no matter what, it's a good year for TROOP!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Phantom1701: Here's your comment from another thread this AM:

"Yeah, you have to be careful. All of the BD fans on DCP require hard, written and visual evidence before you can make any kind of statement with regard to their beloved corps.

Just do what I do and remember to take a deep breath and repeat very slowly..."there's no corps like BD, there's no corps like BD, there' no co.........." It also helps while doing this if you click your magic drum sticks together and mark the time.

Once you wake up from the trance and watch Bd's show again you will clearly see the brilliance and why they will again be DCI champions. In fact, it would probably save all the other corps a lot of gas money if we just give them the championship in San Antonio."

I've included BOTH of your ridiculous comments made this morning to demonstrate to anyone what we have here. An angry, confused and wholely inarticulate troll.

First off, if you actually READ the post you were supposedly responding to (in this thread) you will note that he said nothing about anyone over PR, he said just the opposite...........you are blind with anger! And furthermore, I'm certain the PR family DO NOT appreciate your ridiculous ramblings. You need to find another name for yourself Phantom1701, you do not represent this magnificent corps by association. They have far too much class to be associated with you! :blink:

Dude.....get a grip. My comment that you posted from the other thread and placed here is now completely out of the context and the humor in which is was intended. It was a way of injecting some levity into that thread the other day that seemed to get very tense at times. So don't try and muddy the water.

My comment in this thread was in response to all of the threads popping up about this corps beating Phantom or that corps getting close to Phantom. While I will admit that I was wrong in placing my comments in this particular thread I still stand by what I said. People are using the wrong measuring stick for judging their corps success by whether or not they "beat" Phantom this year when they are having a VERY bad year by their standards.

Those fans should focus more on the score and overall placement of their corps and less upon the relationship to where those scores stack up against PR's. But flame away pal and by all means please continue to take my comments out of context.

Just a couple quick notes on this. Colts are not done adding to their show it's closer to being complete but not complete. Example:They revamped their ballad after that time at camp. Also, they are still cleaning many of the changes they have made. I would anticipate MUCH improvement from this corps all the way up through finals so the Troopers will have to do everything they can to keep up. I would be very surprised if the Colts don't bring that gap between them and Glassmen back into that less than 1 point range after facing them head to head again for a while. GL to all!

Of course Colts are going to add stuff too. They'd be stupid not to.

I was watching the Houston VOD performance, and Troop's show is still effectively the same thing it's been since the start of the season. Odds are that Troop's going to have the bigger changes next week, which will hopefully boost those GE scores.

Of course Colts are going to add stuff too. They'd be stupid not to.

I was watching the Houston VOD performance, and Troop's show is still effectively the same thing it's been since the start of the season. Odds are that Troop's going to have the bigger changes next week, which will hopefully boost those GE scores.

Ya, three rehearsal days after San Antonio and Denton. If you listened to the DCI Field Pass (July 15) Fred mentions adding stuff to the show.

DCI Field Pass

Dude.....get a grip. My comment that you posted from the other thread and placed here is now completely out of the context and the humor in which is was intended. It was a way of injecting some levity into that thread the other day that seemed to get very tense at times. So don't try and muddy the water.

My comment in this thread was in response to all of the threads popping up about this corps beating Phantom or that corps getting close to Phantom. While I will admit that I was wrong in placing my comments in this particular thread I still stand by what I said. People are using the wrong measuring stick for judging their corps success by whether or not they "beat" Phantom this year when they are having a VERY bad year by their standards.

Those fans should focus more on the score and overall placement of their corps and less upon the relationship to where those scores stack up against PR's. But flame away pal and by all means please continue to take my comments out of context.

I think the problem that everyone had with it is that you did bring it in to this thread. And here you are trying to justify yourself in a thread that isn't about Phantom. We understand your passion for Phantom, and you don't like that they're losing. But why do you apologize for bringing it into this thread, and then continue to complain about it? It seems you're negating your apology by continuing on with what you think about phantom when no one in this particular thread really cares. This is about Troopers. They're not near Phantom, or Blue Stars, or Boston, so we don't need to bicker about it anymore. Bring it to a different thread.

I want to make it clear that my suggesting that the Troopers could "ride the wave" of fan support into the top 12 in NO WAY was suggesting that they would not deserve to be there. It is because of their hard work and a great show that they seem to have a very realistic chance of achieving that goal.

My point was that I believe Phantom used that crowd support in '08 to push them to a higher level that ended with a championship...and I think people who were actually in attendance the 3 nights of the championship know exactly what I'm saying. I've heard several members of the corps make similar comments about the role the DCI fans in last year's success.

I'm suggesting that, due to their history, the DCI fans may also feel a special connection with Troopers that they (the corps) might respond to to help push them a little more to attaining their goal. Obviously, without the hard work and great show they wouldn't even be a possibility of this.

PHANTOM 1701....oh, never mind.

Can someone please tell me the last time Troop was within 10 points of The Cadets?

SO EXCITED FOR THEM!

I don't put great stock in any of the regionals...particularly the SW regional (because your placement in San Antonio and a buck and change will get you a ride on the county bus)...but I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for our Trooper brothers and sisters. Their alumni must be very, very proud of those kids...and deservedly so. I remember that year with no Troop...I don't ever want to imagine a world of drum corps with no Troopers in it. Best put 'em in Finals where we can keep an eye on 'em.

:shutup:

That's partly because they've had 2 days where they didn't have shows dating back to 7/5. Downside- little to no time to add new stuff. Upside- plenty of time to clean what's there, which is showing right now.