LEWISBURG & MISSION DRUMS

Looks like Empires weekend off hurt them a bit.

Nice job Hurcs! Live up that hype.

I'm sure Cabs will struggle a bit at scranton when they come back after the weekend off they have.

I think Empire will be working hard trying to catch up with that weekend off, and they will be right up with the Hurcs by scranton.

This will be a good season!!!

Bucs had 2 weekends off and came back like hell on fire....don't Cabs and Empire have camp weekends on their weeks off? Edited by VOReason

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reports I'm getting back is that CV had a bit of a flat show in comparison to what they've been seeing, so I'll hold my personal judgement until after I see the video of the weekend. (rehearsals and show)

And didn't they also just change the last 1.5 minutes of their show, adding new music and drill?

I like their chances this year!.....

Bucs had 2 weekends off and came back like hell on fire....don't Cabs and Empire have camp weekends on their weeks off?

That's because only the Bucs can pull that off :shutup:

Yes, which is why Empire scored what they did. If they didn't take the week off I think that they would have been up with the Hurricanes and Caballeros.

My guess is that the Caballeros will take a weekend off and wont be ready for Scranton. IMO it was a bad weekend to take off.

From what I hear the hottest section is the drum line, esp. snares.

I wonder who told you that.

Edit : sorry Bill I thought you were talking about Cabs snare line.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

i'll translate "laughing my a#$ off, right on mike B" Those that know, know. Know what I mean?

So somehow you're rubbing it in the faces of the Empire members who are from your hometown but chose to march with Empire instead of your corps?

Do you really have the juice to do that?

Empire didn't steal those kids ... we tip-toed around any of those kids who asked about coming to Rochester...and we completely kept our hands off kids like Sean Bartlett (I DID want to steal him) in fact, I know that most of the grown ups in Empire have been very supportive of what you're trying to do in Erie.

I'm expecting some good natured "in your face" stuff from fans of teams that have actually beaten Empire at some point in the past 26 years. But if I hear that members of the Lake Erie Thunder are hassling kids from Empire who just happen to be from NW PA, then I will show my support for those members.

Edit: I'm not going to be diplomatic. If you guys bust the chops of those kids - I got their back.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

So somehow you're rubbing it in the faces of the Empire members who are from your hometown but chose to march with Empire instead of your corps?

Do you really have the juice to do that?

Empire didn't steal those kids ... we tip-toed around any of those kids who asked about coming to Rochester...and we completely kept our hands off kids like Sean Bartlett (I DID want to steal him) in fact, I know that most of the grownups in Empire have been very supportive of what you're trying to do in Erie.

I'm expecting some good natured "in your face" stuff from fans of teams that have actually beaten Empire at some point in the past 26 years. But if I hear that members of the Lake Erie Thunder are hassling kids from Empire who just happen to be from NW PA, then I will show my support for those members.

Edit: I'm not going to be diplomatic. If you guys bust the chops of those kids - I got their back.

My comments are my own. They are not to be associated with the organization at all. I'm no longer involved. I'm just really disappointed in the Erie marching community for not supporting this effort. I know Empire isn't going to say no to these folks. I just imagine the effect, on a first year corps, of 20 people, talented enough for Statesmen, would have. It made the difference. Yea, there were other issues, but all things are possible when you have the bodies and the talent. Their situations are all different, but the end result is the same. Hey, everybody does what they want to do. So I say what I want to say. My last word, PM if you want.

Edited by Mike_B

That's because only the Bucs can pull that off :shutup:

Yes, which is why Empire scored what they did. If they didn't take the week off I think that they would have been up with the Hurricanes and Caballeros.

My guess is that the Caballeros will take a weekend off and wont be ready for Scranton. IMO it was a bad weekend to take off.

Actually (someone correct me if I am wrong), I believe the Bucs had 2 straight camp weekends over their time off. If ANYONE expects to take a weekend or two off and not meet to rehearse, there is no way they can expect to catch the Bucs. Did Empire practice on their off weekend?....will the Cabs have camp over the next week?... Edited by VOReason

Actually (someone correct me if I am wrong), I believe the Bucs had 2 straight camp weekends over their time off. If ANYONE expects to take a weekend or two off and not meet to rehearse, there is no way they can expect to catch the Bucs. Did Empire practice on their off weekend?....will the Cabs have camp over the next week?...

Oh I see what you said now.

No, Empire didn't get together on their weekend off. For the Cabs, I have no clue if they are or not.

Actually (someone correct me if I am wrong), I believe the Bucs had 2 straight camp weekends over their time off. If ANYONE expects to take a weekend or two off and not meet to rehearse, there is no way they can expect to catch the Bucs. Did Empire practice on their off weekend?....will the Cabs have camp over the next week?...

Nope.....Cabs have the weekend OFF. No Camp, no rehearsal. They will be doing things that normal people do on the weekends....go to beach, catch up on household chores, and stuff like that. Trying to get some normalcy in their lives before the push to the end of the season.

Cabs have worked VERY hard, and made amazing strides over the past couple of weeks, and I guarantee you that when Scranton comes, they WILL be ready. The members and staff of the corps will NOT let the momentum slip away from them......THIS.....I believe!!!! :shutup:

PLUS......I look forward to being back working with the Caballeros again come Scranton weekend!

Edited by FPonzo