If You Could Go Back

Wow - so many.... Garfield 83 - the first recording of drum corps I ever heard and got me interested. PR '83, and '96, SCV '84, Cadets '87, '93, Suncoast '86, Crossmen '97, ... the list goes on and on.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup ... 61 Queensmen and 64 Kevin's ... two of my fav shows ... others from the 60's for me would be the 62 Loretto show and the 65 Vasella show ... pure entertainment! ... throw in 63 BS for a bit of military ... then 64 Selden for pure power and sound and you've got quite a treat ...

:-)

Great picks all and I'm glad you mentioned 65 Vassella Musketeers from Philly. Great show, drum line, and the DeQuatro brothers in that soprano line. Jerry Powell was drum major, one of the best ever. Would love to see that show again.

78 BD

80 Bridgemen or Scouts

82 BD !!!

84 Garfield or Suncoast

86 SCV

89 PR

92 XMen

95 Scouts !!!

96 Regiment

99 SCV or Scouts

00 Boston

04 any of the Top 3

07 BD or Crown

08 PR !!!

I wanted to post the shows that just speak to me, primarily based on the brass sound/execution, but there are other factors as well - excitement, entertainment, music, programming/design, etc. Sorry for posting so many, but these shows are great examples of what I like in a drum corps show.

• 3 weeks later...

How in the world could anyone limit this to just one corps?

Here are some shows I wish I could have been a part of = ask me tomorrow and I could name 8 different ones!!!!!

1979 North Star - I loved this show.......wore out the grooves on my first complete set of DCI Albums.

1980 Spirit of Atlanta - Loud really is good. Very good.

1981 27th Lancers - I'm still singing 'Niner-Two' nearly 30 years later.

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard - Maybe their greatest moment in spite of not winning.

1993 Colts - A magical year for the Dubuque corps......blowing out of nowhere to slip into finals. I was there for the support staff but sometimes I wish I had still been young enough to march this corps that year.

1995 Madison Scouts - the final hurrah for the 'kind of drum corps I grew up with'.

2003 San Francisco Renegades - Incredible vehicle brought to us by lot's of people who grew up loving the 'kind of drum corps I grew up with'.

2006 Madison Scouts Alumni Corps - I drove 17 hours each direction to go to semifinals (and only semifinals) just to see several of my old friends do 'the kind of drum corps we loved growing up', It was worth it and I'd do it again right this very minute if I could.

I would also like to play Chava Ballet one more time. :worthy:

Sigh ... me too

And I'd do 73-75 again only this time be smart enough to understand the power of it all

I'd also do 2004 Renegades again .... cuz hell, it was a bad-### show, and the best time I've ever had performing in drum corps

I'd also love to march to "So Very Hard to Go" and "Firebird Suite" with Anaheim :laugh:

Edited by jojo

'78 Regiment.

1975 Rochester Phoenix,,the most memorable and best year I've had in my life

Without a doubt my pick also. For those of us who were there, it was pure magic. For those that weren't, you have no idea what it was like. I never experienced anything like it before or since in my 50 or so years doing drum corps.

Edited by ereese

If I could go back and march again, I would go with the 1979 Cavaliers. One of the biggest reasons is I came down with mononeucleosis and spent my finals being in the hospital. I regret that this happened because I was so proud to be in the Cavaliers. After that happened, I was too embarrassed to go back for the 80 and 81 seasons. Now that I am an adult, I regret not going back. The Cavaliers have always had a special place in my heart.