In The News: In Need Of $50,000, Oregon Crusaders Marching Band

Hey man thanks for adding to my profile and thanks for the nasty PM. YOU are the class act. :tongue::tongue::rock:

I think from the posts you made earlier this week everyone has their own view as to what your profile is. As I'm sure people have also formulated their own profiles of Richard. What you say on here IS your identity. So, if you are worried about your character and what people think of it, you should watch what you say because words are the only thing that characterize you. And I'll let you in on a tip, if you post anything, you will be judged by at least half of the membership on here. That's just how it is.

Edited by Crassissimo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think from the posts you made earlier this week everyone has their own view as to what your profile is. As I'm sure people have also formulated their own profiles of Richard. What you say on here IS your identity. So, if you are worried about your character and what people think of it, you should watch what you say because words are the only thing that characterize you. And I'll let you in on a tip, if you post anything, you will be judged by at least half of the membership on here. That's just how it is.

Thanks

Finally someone has made an intelligent connection. The Oregon Crusaders and PETA.

For many years I have harbored a deep resentment due to the use of real bird feathers in the plumage drum corps commonly use. My enjoyment of the shows has been seriously diminished by the thought of chickens running around in the cold with no feathers due to them being plucked and used as plumage. I’m saddened because it’s not just chickens that are plucked, but many varieties of birds. Every year thousands of birds are plucked and humiliatingly forced to live featherless lives for our petty enjoyment. What is really disturbing is that this does not have to be the case. There is artificial plumage available, but due to its cost, very few drum corps, marching bands and burlesque acts use it.

If you are concerned like me about the plight of the birds, donate money to the Oregon Crusaders and earmark it for plumage replacement. Let’s help the Oregon Crusaders organization and the birds. The Oregon Crusaders are a wonderful organization offering the drum corps experience to youth in the northwest and can also be a beacon of light to those of us concerned about the ethical treatment of birds.

Thank you and God Bless

Finally someone has made an intelligent connection. The Oregon Crusaders and PETA.

For many years I have harbored a deep resentment due to the use of real bird feathers in the plumage drum corps commonly use. My enjoyment of the shows has been seriously diminished by the thought of chickens running around in the cold with no feathers due to them being plucked and used as plumage. I’m saddened because it’s not just chickens that are plucked, but many varieties of birds. Every year thousands of birds are plucked and humiliatingly forced to live featherless lives for our petty enjoyment. What is really disturbing is that this does not have to be the case. There is artificial plumage available, but due to its cost, very few drum corps, marching bands and burlesque acts use it.

If you are concerned like me about the plight of the birds, donate money to the Oregon Crusaders and earmark it for plumage replacement. Let’s help the Oregon Crusaders organization and the birds. The Oregon Crusaders are a wonderful organization offering the drum corps experience to youth in the northwest and can also be a beacon of light to those of us concerned about the ethical treatment of birds.

Thank you and God Bless

WOW! Only an Oregonian would make that connection. Bruce, does this mean I will be seeing you out on Pioneer Courthouse Square with a clip board collecting signatures and donations for your cause? You know, there's not a lot of room down there between the "Save the Narwhales", "Hug a Tree", "Spotted Owls are our Friends", "Beef is Bad", "Chlidren are the Future", "Recall Sam Adams", "Stop the War", "Legalize Marijuana", "Jesus is the ONLY Salvation" and the myriad of other foundations clogging the sidewalks so you better get down there early!

Oh boy. No plumes = better lives for chickens. That's rich.

WOW! Only an Oregonian would make that connection. Bruce, does this mean I will be seeing you out on Pioneer Courthouse Square with a clip board collecting signatures and donations for your cause? You know, there's not a lot of room down there between the "Save the Narwhales", "Hug a Tree", "Spotted Owls are our Friends", "Beef is Bad", "Chlidren are the Future", "Recall Sam Adams", "Stop the War", "Legalize Marijuana", "Jesus is the ONLY Salvation" and the myriad of other foundations clogging the sidewalks so you better get down there early!

Oh boy. No plumes = better lives for chickens. That's rich.

I will be there dressed in my chicken suit clipboard in hand.