Commentary Videos up on FN!

Interesting comment by the Blue Stars guy after the show ends:

"We'll be adding things all the way up until Quarterfinals" :thumbup:

Do corps usually add significant elements that late? It will be interesting to see if they can clean things that late.....

In 1995, right before Quarters, we (Glassmen) added an effect during the drum solo where a line of horn players tossed streamers in a ripple as the solo reached it's climax.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentary videos are awesome! I hope this is an ongoing thing for FN and DCI. I would really like to have a 'commentary' option on this years Finals DVD.

Mark Sylvester was great....I think I could drink a Guinness and smoke a cigar with this guy. :thumbup:

Interesting comment by the Blue Stars guy after the show ends:

"We'll be adding things all the way up until Quarterfinals" :thumbup:

Do corps usually add significant elements that late? It will be interesting to see if they can clean things that late.....

If I remember correctly, in 1991 Cadets made a fairly significant change to their ballad on Finals night. During the end of their ballad, it featured a kid watching other couples dancing, but he never got involved. It would end with him just kind of watching them dance, and then he would kind of walk away as the third tune started up. For finals night, he was starting to walking away when the girl came up to him and they ended the ballad with the two of them dancing, and the kid 'jumping/dancing' away jubilantly.

I may be missing something or slightly wrong (I'm definitely paraphrasing the moments), but it's been a long time since I've seen that show. It's always been a favorite show of mine, and I loved Cadets' music selection/design that year.

But if I remember correctly that was changed for Finals night only.

Also, Blue Devils, when they did the Train show awhile back, I believe they ran to the tunnel for finals night as the "train was pulling out." I think that was another finals night only change.

How cool to hear the commentary! Marc Sylvester's comments about the Blue Knights' show remind me of being in 27th Lancers. I love how he has a simple concept to making things great, and his funny/snarky comments about the guard performance. They are lucky to have him.

Huge props to SCV for their treatment of Ballet for Martha. Key's commentary was enlightening, and those guard unis - to die for - beautiful!

I'm starting to get the Regiment story now. It will be nice when the drill changes either kick in or gel, and I hope there's enough time in the day to clean them!

Can't wait to hear all the rest!

If I remember correctly, in 1991 Cadets made a fairly significant change to their ballad on Finals night. During the end of their ballad, it featured a kid watching other couples dancing, but he never got involved. It would end with him just kind of watching them dance, and then he would kind of walk away as the third tune started up. For finals night, he was starting to walking away when the girl came up to him and they ended the ballad with the two of them dancing, and the kid 'jumping/dancing' away jubilantly.

He Got the Girl....that was and awesome moment.

That " Letter from Home" Section is classic Cadets. What a great overall Show the "ABC's of Modern Music" was extremely underrated IMHO.

BK has the funniest. my favorite line was that line better be straight or i ll kill you

Sylvester was great.

"Flurries... get some kick a-- oops, kick butt drill..."

"It's alright we're on the internet, you can get away with it."

"Oh good, I can't wait then, I've got more to say."

The Fan Network has made such a noticeable turn-around since earlier this season, those involved should be applauded.

100% agreed. :sad:

Edited by MagicBobert