SCV green feather?

Just so you know the History of the Green Feather:

Just before the SCV final performance in their first year of existence (1967), Gail Royer honored our first age-outs with the original “Green Feather Ceremony”. It took place outside of Santa Clara’s Townsend Field at the California State Open Championship on September 30, 1967.

:satisfied:

Edited by amadorj

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. Several years ago my parents drove up to visit me. I had just moved and had my Star laying out on my coffee table. My mother picked it up and I just had a reflex reaction and yelled "DON'T TOUCH THAT". It about gave her a heart attack. She then realized what it was, smiled and said "well I should of known better". Haha

My mom turned my SCV star into a lovely Xmas ornament. She came across this beautiful trumpet ornament that has a red flag hanging from it. Mom pinned the SCV star to the flag, and voila!, a very cool and personalized ornament. This ornament is really special to me. Every year I take it out, place it on a prominent part of the tree, and think about the joy and hard work it took to earn that star.

p.s. GO SCV!

My mom turned my SCV star into a lovely Xmas ornament. She came across this beautiful trumpet ornament that has a red flag hanging from it. Mom pinned the SCV star to the flag, and voila!, a very cool and personalized ornament. This ornament is really special to me. Every year I take it out, place it on a prominent part of the tree, and think about the joy and hard work it took to earn that star.

p.s. GO SCV!

Wow, do you have a picture of it on the tree? Would love to see that.

Are they even going to wear the green feathers for finals this year? I think they'd kind of stick out now that there's no red feathers at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if they just gave the feathers to the members to keep, like they do with the guard.

I've always loved SCV. If I grew up in Cali, I most likely would have marched there.

Same here, man. I think most Cadets feel the same way.

Are they even going to wear the green feathers for finals this year? I think they'd kind of stick out now that there's no red feathers at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if they just gave the feathers to the members to keep, like they do with the guard.

Believe it or not, this has been discussed. Don't know what, if anything, has been decided yet. I agree that the stark white feathers should stay as is for the final show.

I have my helmet (wore it from 1984-1988) and plume (wore that from 1985-1988) in my guest bedroom in my house.

You remember correctly. Gail handed me my green feather after I came back for the Parade Of Champions - a parade that was done each year for the City of Santa Clara.

I recently discovered this picture of me (on the right) holding my green feather right before the parade started. I'm with my SCV contra buddies Phil Becker (on the left) and Chris Rust (in the middle). Neil Bliss is in the back on the left.

greenfeather.jpg

Phil Becker? Did he used to march Troopers?