Watch out for the Cavies

I was amazed with Cavies guard last night

That was the most athletic guard out there and they are crazy clean for this time of year.

They just need more excitement in the middle of the show - but other than that - I love the show this year.

Later,

Mike

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it was nice hearing a shortened version of RPH when HNC did the encore in Houston, Vanguard has them all beat hands down. No way you can top "Music of the Night" or "Clowns".

The last time I heard SCV play "Send in the Clowns" I mistook it for the Barber "Adagio." :satisfied:

(It's an iconic arrangement and tune for them, but there's a difference between ironic and wistful - which Sondheim intends the piece to be - and funereal, which is how it came off).

Back on topic, I also see a lot of potential for improvement in what Cavaliers are doing. The sound is opening up (but in a controlled fashion, which is how they do it), the drum line is already smoking, the guard's excellent, and they're starting to make the little changes that will make the show more impactful. Those in the 3-5 slots are going to have to climb over Rosemont in order to have a crack at the title, and Cavaliers are not going to be standing still.

Edited by mobrien

I cannot believe how quiet it has been regarding the Cavies this year. I think the show has some major potential for an upset and I was not thinking that in the beginning of the season. The drill needs one big visual Cavie style move somewhere in the middle as they seem to be missing that from this years show.

Are the Cavies going to apply a new ending? The ending now is slightly stale.

I cannot believe how quiet it has been regarding the Cavies this year. I think the show has some major potential for an upset and I was not thinking that in the beginning of the season. The drill needs one big visual Cavie style move somewhere in the middle as they seem to be missing that from this years show.

Are the Cavies going to apply a new ending? The ending now is slightly stale.

honestly i saw potential in this show potential in this show when the season started and yeah at first when i saw it i was like meh... its alright the cavies have marched better shows... but then i keep listening to them and watching them and i've really come to love it... and i will say this... if they had the brass sounds that they have this year last year... they would have been even more of a deadly force... but without a doubt they have a great horn line this year wich much controll... and i dont think they are doing a new ending if they are then i dont know anything about it... but what i hear is that they are adding in even more visual stuff that is suppose to change the whole show...

Cavies are clean, almost sterile. I don't know, it's kinda wierd in a good way, I think.

" Clean' is good. Very good. In the end, it will be execution that will bring home the bacon, as most of the top 3-5 Corps have the vehicle ( the show and demand ) to win it all.

Right now, it looks like we have 5 Corps in position to win it all. I expect that after Allentown, we'll have 2, maybe 3 Corps, and by the end of Quarterfinals, we'll have just 2 Corps with a legitimate shot to win it all.

I would not be surprised at all for the Cavs and Blue Devils to be the two Corps after the quarters in Indy to be fighting it out for the Title. Both these Corps seem to be on a level of cleanliness right now that will propel them into the top 2 spots, as I'm not that convinced that the other 3-4 Corps will be clean enough execution wise in the short time that we have remaining. But we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO