A little BD love

I have been VERY negative about BD this season, and its not because I do not think they are the best performers....because they are. However, the hornline plays and moves at the same time only for roughly 3 min of the 12 min show. Compare that the the other corps in the top 5 where they are marching and playing at the same time for an average of 8-9 minutes. (I challenge anyone to get a stopwatch and time it)

The Cadets march and play for only 30 seconds of their show. I challenge anyone to get a stopwatch and time it.

See what I did there? I made a ridiculous accusation without any evidence to back it up whatsoever and cleverly moved the burden of proof onto someone else, with the hopes they wouldn't be motivated enough to prove me wrong. You're not fooling anybody, champ.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston has a great show. they should be in the top 5. BD is a great corps but they do what boston did several years ago

:satisfied:

I like the Blue Devils. I find their show entertaining. My only beef, and this is only because I like "the thrill of competition", is I would like the scores closer to make things more exciting.

It isn't my favorite show but they must be doing something they right as they are basically owning most all of the captions this year.

Boston has a great show. they should be in the top 5 beating Phantom Regiment and sitting in the 7th slot.

Fixed. And don't worry, the above will probably be true in two weeks. :satisfied:

Huge fans of a corps in a thread with a title devoted to praising that corps?

Weird. That's so 21 and over.

I'm really tired, quite sick, and don't feel like responding anymore, so don't bother even responding to this. I just think that a thread that's devoted to the love of one corps shouldn't unnecessarily point out the flaws of another corps.

I'm done for the day.

Lance, I don't enjoy reading your posts anymore.

I know people get nasty toward BD for a lot of reasons, but I just wanted to throw out a little BD love:

1. Yeah, people make fun of the chairs, but what matters to me is that BD is using them effectively. I'm not going to get into the debate about who is moving more or faster or whatever. GE is the name of this particular aspect of BD's show and it's working for me. I like the "lazy Sunday afternoon" kind of mood when they sit in the opener and do the leg moves, I like the way they place them later and occasionally march over them. So, there's that.

2. People have this thing about "BD makes it look easy." Yes, they do. They are very mature, they have an extremely confident air about their movement, and they aren't about freneticism. I think this is a good thing. We have plenty of freneticism in the other top contenders. I don't want to see BD try to do what Cadets and Crown are doing. I want to see (and hear) BD doing what they are doing now - playing some great charts and doing something completely different.

3. I may be hoping for an upset in Indy, but I'll still enjoy BD's show a LOT on my iPod this year. Thanks for some smokin' hot music BD. It's been a blast!

To much BD west needs to have a new corps. Boston gives you that enjoyment BD dose not. Even throw people have given ideas that are Boston. Time for a change toward the Northeast big market.

There's also a general opinion that BD is arrogant

I had several bad experiences with BD members when I was marching. I try to be objective and not let that experience influence my opinions, but I'm sure that it still does to some extent.

My lovely bride even had a BD member on a flight to his camp tell her the name of their show - 1930 - was picked because, if you add the numbers, 1+9+3+0 = 13.

It's stuff like that make people want to see BD lose.

I like BDs show this year (there's the love part of my post). :satisfied:

The Cadets march and play for only 30 seconds of their show. I challenge anyone to get a stopwatch and time it.

See what I did there? I made a ridiculous accusation without any evidence to back it up whatsoever and cleverly moved the burden of proof onto someone else, with the hopes they wouldn't be motivated enough to prove me wrong. You're not fooling anybody, champ.

exactly 4 minutes of marching and playing together as of San Antonio for Blue Devils

exactly 7:48 for HNC

enough said