7 7th Regiment 74.950

8 Dutch Boy 71.750

9 Spirit of Newark/New Jersey 62.000

10 Les Stentors 60.000

11 Blue Saints 49.650

Go Cap Reg! Getting closer and closer. :bigsmile:

Just back from the show -

Troopers are for real.

Kudos to the Centerville folks for eliminating INT (sorry fans) due to the rain delay.

Thought the spread between Troopers and Academy might be bigger.

Devs can play.

Too many rainy shows this summer.

MIKE

I made it to Centerville! It was my first show (not counting Fan Network streams -- and they don't count) of the year.

Troop IS for real, I agree! The horns were hot, hot, hot tonight! They've got their work cut out to stay ahead of Academy, though. The Arizona kids are playing their hearts out, too. I think Troops show design (esp. the visual package -- drill AND guard) should keep them ahead if they keep executing and improving through the end, though. I was sitting next to an old friend and fellow drum corps junkie. We were both pleasantly surprised with the mature and aggressive sound and look that Troop is putting out there!

The Pacific Crest/Mandarins "fight" is pretty interesting, too. Both corps have come a long way since I saw them a year or two ago. I'm thrilled with how much Mandarins are filling our their brass sound! Way to go Sacramento! They seem to be taking some chances musically, and IMHO it's paying off. Best of luck through Indy!

Like I said, I haven't seen anything live before tonight. If you remember me from when I posted more on these forums (a couple/few years ago) -- or if you look below -- you know I'm a Bloo Homer. There disclaimer out of the way. --- The Bluecoats stepped it up a notch tonight. The horns were on fire, and the drill clicked far better than anything I've seen from them online. They earned their spot in the 90 point club tonight, no doubt! Hunting Wabbits came off great tonight (I hadn't been thrilled with it in APDs and VODs/Streams)! Haitian Fight Song friggin' ROCKS THE HOUSE! The crowd seriously woke up as Bloo heated up tonight! Way to go, Canton!

The Blue Devils sure can play. The brass is sounding great (and I had heard they would have an off year?). The drumline is tighter than my high school marching band uniform. I get why their show is scoring the way it is. Their use of electronics is tasteful (as tasteful as use of electronics can be -- lol). I just don't like this show all that well. It hits me like a really nice 4th place design. That's all based on MY opinion, but it gives me the feel that Cavies have a SERIOUS shot at passing them on Friday night next week. That's where I'm puttin' my prediction, anyway. I know some people are absolutely in love with this show, and I don't mean to take anything away from them (or especially the kids who are performing their ###es off); it's just not my cup of tea. Concord is still home to one of my favourite organizations in the activity, though. Man can they play. It's worth mentioning that the integration of elements (brass, percussion, guard, drill) is downright outstanding. They look great, sound great. Just wish I got into the concept a little more.

Well, there you go. My quick and dirty recap. Maybe I've still got the energy to go look at the recaps before I crash and start dreaming about Crew Stadium for tomorrow night. Thanks for a great night, Centerville!

First of all...thank God Centerville has a turf field. The amount of rain that fell in 15 minutes as the show was about to begin would have been terminal on a grass field.

The CHS band boosters ALWAYS run a classy show. They handled an online ticket snaffu (fault of Crown Tickets) for several folks as best they could. Basically, if you ordered a seat in section B you were mailed tickets in section D (and I assume vice versa) The difference was seat #1 in section B was on the 40 yd line...seat #1 in section D was on the 15 yd line...BIG DIFFERENCE. They traded our tickets (and a few others that had the same problem) with the best they had available. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Also much appreciated was the canceling of the intermission in order to put things (almost) back on schedule. I'm sure that may have cut into their concession profits (and why food became 1/2 price), but they were thinking of their fans and the corps and it was MUCH APPRECIATED.

As for the show...all corps were in late July high gear and have quality products on the field. I enjoyed ALL of the performances, but two really stood out for me. Academy has a GREAT playing corps!!! Their FFF volume was on par with the two Blues. I feel Troopers have a better show from a design standpoint, but I thought Academy out performed them tonight. It's a shame that one of them will not be performing on Saturday night at finals. For personal reasons, I'm hoping Troopers can hang on to that #12 spot, but I think it may well be a 2 horse race by next week.

The other show that stood out tonight, and was easily the crowd favorite, was Bluecoats. Everything clicked tonight and the crowd was into every segment of the show...and a great show it is. It just keeps building and growing more intense. I think they have the best ballad on the field this year with "Sky Blue" and what is developing into the BEST closer I've ever seen them do with "Haitian Fight Song".

The corps is really selling the "Imagine" dreamer/cloud people aspect and the audience is following and understanding the show much better. They also, once again, have one of the best drum lines in DCI. Talk about a group with "drummer swagger"!!! The guys have chops, they know it, and have a blast showing it to everyone.

The brass is great, as they usually are, and the guard is MUCH stronger than they have been in the past.

Now about Blue Devils...this is not one of my favorite BD shows. I personally like "Winged Victory" much better, but even with a show that isn't a favorite you just watch and listen and say WOW!

I really think we saw the '09 champion tonight.

Gooooooooooooo BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE :)

I have to say besides the "other" Blue ... Coats is my next favorite show, I was real excited to see them break 90!! Great job to everyone!!