West Chester Wrumble

This recap really is the perfect example on how the most subjective caption (GE) can really make the difference.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the show.

HNC was the best show I've seen in a long time. Probably the best show I've seen live. The use of synth was subtle and tasteful. I loved it. It deserves a championship. Music was awesome. Mellos were particularly good. Low brass sounds powerful. In the visual department, great difficulty matches technique and cleanliness. Pit had minor issues at the beginning of the show with the synth not working properly during the Prologue (whistling).

Crown beating HNC was a great surprise at the stadium.

I love how DCI is toying with us... makes for an interesting season... I love it when corps flip flop all season and no one is undefeated. :)

I love how DCI is toying with us... makes for an interesting season... I love it when corps flip flop all season and no one is undefeated. :)

Well, except Blue Devils.

:tongue:

No sure I would say that. Crossing the line.

Not everyone is a Christian..... And maybe they know a Mexican named Jesus..... :tongue:

I was at the show.

HNC was the best show I've seen in a long time. Probably the best show I've seen live. The use of synth was subtle and tasteful. I loved it. It deserves a championship. Music was awesome. Mellos were particularly good. Low brass sounds powerful. In the visual department, great difficulty matches technique and cleanliness. Pit had minor issues at the beginning of the show with the synth not working properly during the Prologue (whistling).

Why was specifically Crown beating Cadets such a surprise?.... what about Cavies beating Cadets, or Crown beating Cavies?

I work in research/statistics and a 0.1 difference is statistically insignicant.

You might as well say these top three are tied.

I've got a grad degree in statistics and operations. And it is statistically insignificant if you look at competitions over time a long time (large sample size), but regarding a single competition it is not like they are tied.

If these scores are awarded in a single competitive event where a ranking is placed based on the singular score for each individual corps, then the difference between each corps is statistically significant for that event, in that even a .05 difference between two corps separates them into categories of their own (1st place, 2nd place, etc.).

Therefore, for tonight, these scores are statistically significant, otherwise they wouldn't be scoring them with such a finite system that discretely ranks based on hundredths of a point. If they considered hundredths of a point statistically insignificant, they would only score based on tenths of a point, and so on.

Why was specifically Crown beating Cadets such a surprise?.... what about Cavies beating Cadets, or Crown beating Cavies?

Because the Cadets were the fan favorite. duh!

I was at the show.

Assuming it was a surprise since this was Cadets territory (a 2nd home show in a sense)?

The 2-5 corps have jumped up roughly 1.5 points in 5 days since Atlanta, while BD has only been able to go up 0.5 points. I'm betting that gap will keep getting smaller and smaller...

Anyways, GO CROWN!!!!