Can the Blue Devils break 99.15?

just looking at scores since Atlanta, and not knowing any details, I think Crown may catch BD in overall GE, and Cavies will catch them in visual. This I think will keep BDs score below the 99.15. I think 1-5 will be a spread of less than 2 points total.

some conspiracy theorists may say that the one of the reasons that Cavies got 99.15 is because Magic got 99.05 at Div II finals, and sort of gave DCI the proverbial finger by making finals, but the Cavies show in 2002 was one of the most perfectly designed and executed shows I have ever seen.

Maybe I am just lighting a log for a flame war :-P

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same would happen about 3 weeks ago. Not anymore. I still think it'll be close, but I'm not as positive as before about BD getting overtaken.

No. It's okay. They'll peak and get overtaken. SCV just has to clean up their rewrites...

Here is the thread title: Can the Blue Devils break 99.15?

How are his comments relevant?

Since when has DCP ever stayed on topic for more than a page and a half?

Obviously part of getting > 99 is being good enough to win almost all captions. I also think you need a close competitor to push your caption scores higher. After all, a 20.0 doesn't mean that you were "perfect". More likely, it means the judge put the second place group at 19.8 and then realized that you were significantly better and deserved a bigger spread.

I don't know that I see any group getting there this year, because I think the captions are going to split among several corps in Indy.

Does BD have an amazing show?

Yes--seen it live. It's an amazing program

Will they win?

Probably, yes.

Will they break 99.15?

They very well could. BUT, I'd be disappointed if they did, UNLESS 2nd and 3rd place scores were in the upper 98's. I personally believe the point and a half margin BD currently has over its nearest competitor is a little far-fetched. I mean, come on... are they REALLY 1.5 points better than Cadets? Cavies? Crown? I just don't think so. Those shows are too good to be beaten by such a wide margin.

Just my opinion...

Obviously meh is in the eye of the meher!

Absolutely. I marvel at the Cavies 02 show, technically, and can see why it scored so high. But it's the most boring show. to me, in top 3 history.

And no, I don't think BD's show has what it takes to score 99.15.

No. It's okay. They'll peak and get overtaken. SCV just has to clean up their rewrites...

Nobody would be happier than I would if SCV came out with changes on a scale large enough to overtake BD...just as long as it doesn't alter SCV's show too much.

Hey why not?!?!? They're dominating in all sections of the corps. Each year, one part of the corps carries the group like Cavies Guard in 07. It's pretty rare that all three sections are on top of the boards. Has there ever been a year where the champion didn't win any of the caption awards?? (aside from GE and Visual)

I can confirm that the top score will NOT go above 100.

I posted it somewhere else, but a new rule change made 105 the perfect score this year. :tongue: