Can the Blue Devils break 99.15?

If the Devs don't break it, nobody will. Even if Cadets or Crown win.

The Devs are just too clean, IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. They're going to be very hard to beat.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread astounds me! So what you are saying is that is already understood that BD has won. Their just competing finals to see how high they can get their score?

Am I missing something? Are all of the other corps just their to compete for the number 2 spot?

Why have finals if BD has already won?

I was thinking the same thing. They're going to be very hard to beat.

With that same logic, couldn't you argue that it's likely if someone beats BD that they will break 99.15? Blue Devils are obviously clean, I don't think anyone can argue that (ok, they probably can), so wouldn't beating them produce a fairly high score? 99.16 perhaps?

With that same logic, couldn't you argue that it's likely if someone beats BD that they will break 99.15? Blue Devils are obviously clean, I don't think anyone can argue that (ok, they probably can), so wouldn't beating them produce a fairly high score? 99.16 perhaps?

I think the only way a corps can score that high is to dominate almost every caption (winning 8 or 9 captions, etc.) If someone catches the BD, then I think the captions will likely be split a good bit, thus bringing both the champion and BDs score down below that sacred mark. With someone else winning, the captions will probably be split because BD is winning all of them right now and probably won't be caught in EVERY caption.

I'm curious. With the two 99.15 scores, did the champions sweep (or almost sweep) the captions?

Likewise, with the recent close finishes (2008, or 1993), were the captions split between several corps?

I think the only way a corps can score that high is to dominate almost every caption (winning 8 or 9 captions, etc.) If someone catches the BD, then I think the captions will likely be split a good bit, thus bringing both the champion and BDs score down below that sacred mark. With someone else winning, the captions will probably be split because BD is winning all of them right now and probably won't be caught in EVERY caption.

I'm curious. With the two 99.15 scores, did the champions sweep (or almost sweep) the captions?

Likewise, with the recent close finishes (2008, or 1993), were the captions split between several corps?

I think '05 cadets were the only group to sweep all captions and subcaptions

They have the perfect vehicle to push the 99.15 record this year.

This thread astounds me! So what you are saying is that is already understood that BD has won. Their just competing finals to see how high they can get their score?

Am I missing something? Are all of the other corps just their to compete for the number 2 spot?

Why have finals if BD has already won?

Silver and Bronze :thumbup:

Silver and Bronze :thumbup:

:thumbup:

JK. But seriously.

Edited by acolli17

Not to b a jerk ... but it seems to me that the plateau has already begun.

Atlanta 95.250

6 days later ....

Allentown 95.750

Half a point in 6 days with only 7 more days until finals ... that only puts them on pace for maybe a 97. I fully realize that all corps get a few days to clean in prep for finals ..... but the golden nugget was already cracked when they dropped their first subcaptions last night ... the first they've lost in quite some time. The vehicle is just fine but I truly think they are close to already maxing what they've been given. I suspect an upset at Quarters.

Just to compare:

Cadets at Atlanta 92.55

Cadets at Allentown 94.3

Nearly a 2 point jump. Crown is in the same position and so is SCV. I can't wait to see how they fair tonight.

No, it doesn't work that way.