1995 SCV

2004 SCV

1991 X-MEN

1989 Star

1996 Phantom Regiment

2008 Phantom Regiment

:thumbup:

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

+1 for '89 SCV. My old HS kids kept bugging me to do a Phantom of the Opera show for like 3 years after that. I totally agree with almost every other recommendation, especially Cadets '00, and what Pinwiz said about showing the best show first.

Most importantly, you have to open with your strongest show. You have one chance of hooking them, so you can't expect to build to the best show. Show the best show FIRST. And by best show, I mean Spartacus.

This.

Cavaliers 2004 . . .James Bond is almost universally known, and the theme is repeated often enough to keep causal interest, even for the kids there just for the easy "A". :thumbup:

Terrible idea for high school freshman. James Bond is great, yes... but... I don't know how to put it nicely. You know what I'm talking about. All they will be talking about are the "feminine" guard costumes/members.

Cavaliers 2006, on the other hand, isn't so bad. In fact I used this show in Afghanistan to introduce drum corps to a bunch of Infantryman who would punch your teeth in if you looked at them funny. And they loved it! You won't win over everyone, but this is definitely one of the best shows to use.

The other best would definitely be Phantom 2008. With the pre-show and everything they will think it's very cool. You want to avoid happy stuff with the little ones. Anything that's dark, violent, and "cool" is good for first timers.

Crossmen 92 or something from Tarheel Sun.

Spartacus for the storytelling.

Also for story telling.....Cadets 2008 :thumbup: