Best Show(s) for a newbie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a prior post that you need to start with your strongest show first to hook them.

I'll add to that advice that if you can choose something that is similar to what you are having them perform, do that as well. In otherv words, if your are doing a Latin themed show, show them Madison 1995; for more of a story-telling kind of show, show them Phantom 2008; for a Cirque du Solei theme, show them Blue Devils 2008; for Arabian-theme, SCV 2004, etc.

So basically, choose the strongest show that relates to what you plan to do so that they have something to aspire to, so to speak.

Edited by pags

Here are 4 shows that I think would really help to get a new fans attention.

1. Cadets 2000

2. Crown 2007

3. Cavaliers 2004

4. Phantom Regiment 2008

The Cavaliers 2004

There is always a stereotype that marching music kids are geeky. Cavies 2004 is cool and sleek.

I introduced DC to some kids in a band a couple years back. I only had 2006 with me on hand. I thought about showing Cavies but I decided not since so many kids go crazy for them. (I love the Cavies but the bandwagon fans can get annoying.) Anyway. I showed them BD and SCV from that year. I figured they would get the BD show and enjoy the theme of SCV. Well, I don't think most kids have seen The Godfather so they didn't really catch much from that, and the SCV music sort of lost them. Ooops, I dropped the ball. Maybe I should have done Cavies '06.