Best Show(s) for a newbie

For newbies I use Cadets 2000 and Cavaliers 2006, particularly the last two minutes - the Cavies show blows 'em away.

I don't usually show full shows though, just excerpts.

Other favs are bits of Cavaliers 2002, anything with a company front, SCV 07 closer, SCV 06 closer, Blue Stars 08 opener, Cadets 05 ballad, Cadets 02 Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy, Horse Race from Crown 07, Devils 2001 show too.

So much good stuff!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're from Florida, do what I did: Atlanta. It got me hooked on Drum Corps like no other. Orlando is a pretty good show, too, but I've never seen it from the stands side.

EDIT: I totally misread what you meant. If it's highschoolers, I would definitely show some of the newer cool stuff, like Cavaliers 2006, Cadets 2005, Regiment 2008, Cavaliers 2008, Cadets 2003, etc, and maybe some of the older amazing shows like Vanguard 89, Madison 88, Vanguard 92, and others.

Edited by Paralda

08 Regiment if you're doing a full show....from the DM entrance to the unGODLY crowd response at the end!

This.

I just got goosebumps because I can hear the whole thing in my head, along with that amazing mello section splitting my hair with that simple perfect 4th. You know the one I mean. GOOSEBUMPS!

Also, Machine impresses my newbies every time, and they seem to really like Crown 07 a lot. I also show Madison 07's opener because of the very cool way they move from voice to brass and the cool treatment of Alanis Morrisette. The kids (and adults who are around) dig it.

Here's my list (many have been mentioned already)

Blue Devils 1999

Bluecoats 2007

Bluecoats 2008

Cadets 2000

Cavaliers 1995

Cavaliers 2002

Cavaliers 2004

Cavaliers 2006

Madison Scouts 1995

Madison Scouts 1997

Madison Scouts 2005 (very underrated show IMHO - high school boys would love it)

Phantom Regiment 2008

Star 1991

Edited by Tez

'89 Santa Clara. Phantom of the Opera's a universally recognized theme, and the crowd response at the end is utterly mind-blowing- just the thing to keep the neophytes coming back for more.

Others:

SCV '04, '09

Phantom '05 if Spartacus is unavailable. Not their greatest show of all time but still a very accessible show for hooking newbies.

Malaguena from Cadets 2003

'99 Madison

Crown from '07 or '08