Crown Push 2009

I seems Crown has really jumped a few points last weekend and they continue increasing their score at a faster rate than most of the corps around the projected 2-5 range.

Are they deserving of the accelerated rate of increase to their recent scores?

I can only watch them on Fan Network and the latest recordings had terrible sound, so I don't think I can judge fairly.

Their jump in score reminds me of Garfield's ascent to the top that began in 1982 and maybe 1981. Garfield's success in DCI really jumped in 1982 when they seemingly jumped several corps to finish third. Since then, they've won DCI nine times and have a very successful record.

I'm sure Crownies want the same success, but they need to develop their own identity before they'll get there. So far, they've enjoyed great success the past two years with music associated with other highly successful corps. I do think they had something special and unique with their Triple Crown show a few years ago.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact: around 8 out of 11-and-a-half minutes of Crown's show contains music never, ever played by a drum corps before.

and yet people still say they have no identity of their own... funny

why can't their identity be that they have an outstanding awesome brass sound and that they have been very innovative and unique in their show designs. at least that's what I've gotten from them over he past three yrs. but I've heard that they've made some minor changes over the past few weeks to help their show out. and they've proved over the couse of the entire yr that they can perform with the traditional top groups, so I think they are very deserving of their scores. IMO

I would love to see them pull out a top 3 spot in finals and definitely a championship sometime in the next few yrs is certainly attainable for this group

2003 crown is the reason i fell in love with the sport. watching them grow from there has been just amazing. with how this season has played out... i think they will have a championship sooner than some expect.

2003 crown is the reason i fell in love with the sport. watching them grow from there has been just amazing. with how this season has played out... i think they will have a championship sooner than some expect.

Such a relevant word considering Crown's show this year, in particular.

Such a relevant word considering Crown's show this year, in particular.

hahaha apparently i'm good with my words?

i chose crown to win last night... by a small margin with all 3 c-corps around 94...

wow... scary.