Scranton - Parade of Champions

If their brains catch up? So are you saying they are sloppy...

No hmmmhhh you said they were I said have patience.

opinion vs. opinion

This is not DCI.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience? I'm talking about Saturday night, that performance... over-hyped. Sure they have time to clean but other groups performed better that night (in my opinion) and groups should not get credit for "when its clean it will be good", if its good its good, if its sloppy its sloppy.

It's quite obvious you are bias...

DCI is in my title it doesn't imply I don't know or understand DCA... g.o.y.

Thanks for the reviews and comments by everyone, especially those who were at the show. Our corps had a great time performing in Scranton and we're very proud of the product we put forth and excited at what it will become over the next month. Based on all the vastly differentiating views on our performance on Saturday I can see how difficult the judges have it! Remember, they're human too, but their opinions are put down in number form rather than forum posts.

Listen lets put this to bed.

you said over-hyped and they were sloppy and slow.

I said tempo 160BPM will take time to master % shows now. The judges say yes good for 2nd.

That is there opinion, which is silver. I don't know your experience in dca but I am not biased. I give credit to the attempt to hold down a demanding show. And I give credit to any corps that deserves it.

Like last year @ Kennedy I clapped till my hands fell off for Reading. I have no shame. And I see you have not marched in DCA.

Thats right!

Its gonna be Great!

Heather... (Beyer... now there's a good drum corps name in that area of PA :sad: )

I'm not clear what you are refering to as "walking around in front of"... if it's brass players or drummers... no problem (although it probably doesn't look very good...) if it's banners carrying their flags, they are in violation of the flag code of the United States... I believe that penalties for such violations would only be in effect during the judged portion of the show - however, those penalties are indeed still on the books... To be certain I would have to check on that due to the new 17 minute rule... flag code could be in effect throughout... I'll check on that.

but the best answer is... rethink where you stop the A section so that there is no "look" of disrespect anywhere.

Tom,

We forgave Heather for her lineage years ago. She couldn't choose who her dad is, but she's turned out ok in spite of it :lol:

I'm sorry 160BPM is not slow, and when their brains catch up you might appreciate it!

The Judges have them 2nd consistently.

:lol:

well, he had you. while a homer, and thats ok, you fell right into the trap he laid...you admitted they were sloppy by saying their brains hadnt caught up.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

I honestly enjoy reading reviews. It may no seem that way. Everyones perspective is different. Everyone has a different opinion. Im biased. I love Bucs and Hurcs. But, I also give credit where credit is due. Bush is pushing and will be in finals. Cabs are not just pushing to be in 3rd or second, they are going for the gold. Statesman have alot of ground to make up, but, they are the statesman and I wouldnt be surprised to see them in the top 3 again.

Someone wrote that its discouraging to people who march that come on here and see people bash their shows and say they dont move or what ever. Absolutely right. Moving and playing period is hard enough as it is. And from what I saw, Bucs, Hurcs, and Cabs go from one side of the field to the other and do not park and bark. Other groups may not move as fast or as much, but they still move. If they didnt move much, then they wouldnt spend so many hours rehearsing visual stuff. In the end, all of the shows this year will be the best DCA has ever seen. Who ever executes their individual show the best (or sucks the least, lol) will come out on top.

This is my opinion. It seems alot of people have just been reviewing and not really congradulating much soo...

Congrats to Buccs on a great win.

Congrats to Hurcs on a hard fight to 2nd when it seems not many people believe in you.

All of us are working hard, and it looks like its going to come down to whoever wants it the most. Being on the sop line at Cabs, I love what we do, but I also love all of the other shows. I have a lot of respect for anyone who goes through the same crap that I do. Congrats to Reading on working more efficiently than the rest of us, you guys have a great show. Good job.

We're coming for you.