Scranton - Parade of Champions

Wait, in Scranton the lineup originally was as-is without MN brass. They decided to come out for once, AFTER the original lineup was listed. So if this show went as it was supposed to, Empire would have placed 4th and their record would be the same. So really Empire's record of never getting below 4th is there. Anyway, we will see what happens in a few weeks.
Then perhaps Empire's record should continue, however with an asterisk.....NOT. But still, it is a very impressive accomplishment and one of which they can be proud. AND, it's something the Bucs can't say!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, in Scranton the lineup originally was as-is without MN brass. They decided to come out for once, AFTER the original lineup was listed. So if this show went as it was supposed to, Empire would have placed 4th and their record would be the same. So really Empire's record of never getting below 4th is there.

That logic makes no sense whatsoever.

It's not about "woulda, coulda, shoulda"....but what actually happened. What actually happened in Scranton this year was that the Statesmen finished 5th, for the first time in a very, very long time.

Why not say, "yes, the Buccaneers won at Scranton.... but if the Blue Devils had shown up and competed, the Bucs would have finished second, but they still would have finished first since the Blue Devils are a DCI corps." :devil::blink::blush::devil:

Anyhow.....

The Statesmen's "no lower than 4th at Finals" run from 1988 to the present, and the Caballeros' run from 1970 until 2002 (no Finals finish lower than 5th, until the Inspires edged them out of 5th in '02) are, IMO, two of the most amazing streaks in drum corps history.

Fran

QUOTE (ScoutsCAV @ Aug 5 2009, 05:58 PM) *

"Wait, in Scranton the lineup originally was as-is without MN brass. They decided to come out for once, AFTER the original lineup was listed. So if this show went as it was supposed to, Empire would have placed 4th and their record would be the same. So really Empire's record of never getting below 4th is there. Anyway, we will see what happens in a few weeks."

So, by your convoluted reasoning, Bush was actually fifth, Cabs third, and MBI in what -- limbo? So they would get no credit whatsoever for traveling 20+ hours each way to compete, and their score means nothing? All because they were added to a show lineup late?

How in the world did you conjure up this whole scenario?? Sorry, but "Would have, Could have, Should have" has no place in this whole discussion. Kudos to MBI for their participation and finish.

Take it easy people I was trying to make myself feel better. Lmao!

And at the same time making MN Brass people feel..? :laughing:

Take it easy people I was trying to make myself feel better. Lmao!

OK. I get it now.

Or not. :laughing:

:lol:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

:laughing: As a certified PIAA(Pa. Interscholastic Athletic Assoc) Official all I can say is we are very close to getting people thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct(see jeffsnewjetta's previous post-idea) Please, the point is that 6 top drum corps played there hearts out and to that my hat is off. Bicker and bicker all you want, but the Scranton show will always rank right up at the top, just as the Dream of past years, the world open's for some real old timers, etc. etc. As for me, there were no losers, just a great night of the finest corps in history( and that is no BS)

QUOTE (ScoutsCAV @ Aug 5 2009, 05:58 PM) *

"Wait, in Scranton the lineup originally was as-is without MN brass. They decided to come out for once, AFTER the original lineup was listed. So if this show went as it was supposed to, Empire would have placed 4th and their record would be the same. So really Empire's record of never getting below 4th is there. Anyway, we will see what happens in a few weeks."

So, by your convoluted reasoning, Bush was actually fifth, Cabs third, and MBI in what -- limbo? So they would get no credit whatsoever for traveling 20+ hours each way to compete, and their score means nothing? All because they were added to a show l

How in the world did you conjure up this whole scenario?? Sorry, but "Would have, Could have, Should have" has no place in this whole discussion. Kudos to MBI for their participation and finish.

Actually, it was a very wise move for them to come out and compete IMHO. While they may have not gotten a score or placement they wanted, they were seen by an East Coast drum corps audience and an East Coast DCA panel judged them. It sets them up for a better placement in Rochester if they go before the same judge, or are seen by a judge who may have been a spectator.

Good Luck to all of the competitors. And for the over 40 members (like myself), don't forget the Advil.