Allentown recap analysis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very thorough! Thanks!

I was surprised by Crown's score last night. Up by over a point from two nights ago, for what it's worth. I do have reservations about comparing Allentown Night-2 numbers to Night-1 numbers, but it's the best we can do!

Very thorough! Thanks!

I was surprised by Crown's score last night. Up by over a point from two nights ago, for what it's worth. I do have reservations about comparing Allentown Night-2 numbers to Night-1 numbers, but it's the best we can do!

Directly from the DCI website:

"While two different competitions were presented in Allentown this weekend, performances from all of the World Class corps were scored by the same panel of judges, giving fans the opportunity to make direct comparisons between the nights. "

"While two different competitions were presented in Allentown this weekend, performances from all of the World Class corps were scored by the same panel of judges, giving fans the opportunity to make direct comparisons between the nights. "

Were they on the same captions? Too lazy to check.

I knew Crown would get at LEAST a 94.5 yesterday because they're not going to give the winner of the second night something like a 93..I know they are trying to be objective but there is that human element involved and even with the same panels...they compared Crown to SCV, not to Blue Devils/Cadets/Cavies...but it IS a promising result for CC!

First show out of Allentown Crown will probably be about .5 ahead of the rest, and I think that's more realistic/accurate. They really recovered from the sickness well! Championships will be insane, especially if CC and others can tighten the gap with BD :shutup:

Were they on the same captions? Too lazy to check.

I knew Crown would get at LEAST a 94.5 yesterday because they're not going to give the winner of the second night something like a 93..I know they are trying to be objective but there is that human element involved and even with the same panels...they compared Crown to SCV, not to Blue Devils/Cadets/Cavies...but it IS a promising result for CC!

First show out of Allentown Crown will probably be about .5 ahead of the rest, and I think that's more realistic/accurate. They really recovered from the sickness well! Championships will be insane, especially if CC and others can tighten the gap with BD :shutup:

I completely agree but what about the extra full day of practice Crown and SCV got wile BD/cadets/cavs were at allentown. The judges base their scores off the other night, but they had one full day more of rehersals right. Id say it would only be about half a point lower (in my opinion) if crown and scv went july 31st. I do think it is going to be very close between now and aug 8th.

Almost...the Visual Performance judge was different the second night. No one here seems to know why...

congrats to crown, was nice to see someone else hit the 95 range. was a little shocked at BD's scores from friday night, i was expecting them to break into the 96 range. with 95's at both Atlanta and Allentown is it possible that they have plateued a bit? not saying that they wont score any higher the rest of the season just saying based on the last week of scores. but thanks to all groups for an awesome weekend of drum corps and to crown for making the last week of the season very interesting. all of a sudden BD doesnt look like that lock we all thought they would be

congrats to crown, was nice to see someone else hit the 95 range. was a little shocked at BD's scores from friday night, i was expecting them to break into the 96 range. with 95's at both Atlanta and Allentown is it possible that they have plateued a bit? not saying that they wont score any higher the rest of the season just saying based on the last week of scores. but thanks to all groups for an awesome weekend of drum corps and to crown for making the last week of the season very interesting. all of a sudden BD doesnt look like that lock we all thought they would be

Yes, I know. I'm complaining about the different-nights aspect of it. Ah well.