New name for Blue Devils

How about this for a new name..........13 Time Champion.

:smile::worthy: :worthy: :shutup::smile::worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not directly stated, I do tend to agree BD has a cheap and easy show. In my opinion this is why they have been that much better than the other corps. I also find it strange that DCI is not penalizing BD for over simplifing things, but then again you do not hear popular entertainers attempting to do shows the are not capable of. I hope this is not a trend going forward.

But, in my opinion, that is just what Im saying. Years past they are criticized and its not the case, the difficulty was in the way they utilized their staging, their marching style and marriage of music to movement.

This year its just not there.....too much gimmick and not enough substance.

Geoffrey

Harder does not mean better.

Neither does "easier".

Why was the visual program in '88 criticized?

The claim was it was not difficult enough, not realizing the sheer difficulty and genius of the program as an enitre body of work. The visual was just a part of the bigger picture, and anhanced and sold the music perfect.

Just not the case this year.

Geoffrey

Ah yes, spoken like a true :shutup: Blue Devils fan! :worthy:

Man, I do my best on message boards to keep my commentary neutral and not flameworthy, but geez. Just because I'm a fan of a corps means I can't dislike something about their show on any given year??? I don't understand that. :smile: I wasn't even a huge fan of the last two shows I marched in 97 and 98, but still learned a great deal from the staff, had a great time, and gave my all to performing and practicing the best way I could.

But, in my opinion, that is just what Im saying. Years past they are criticized and its not the case, the difficulty was in the way they utilized their staging, their marching style and marriage of music to movement.

This year its just not there.....too much gimmick and not enough substance.

Geoffrey

For the most part I agree. The nature of the sport is not to peak in week 2.

The claim was it was not difficult enough, not realizing the sheer difficulty and genius of the program as an entire body of work. The visual was just a part of the bigger picture, and enhanced and sold the music perfect.

Just not the case this year.

Geoffrey

To you. I find this year's visual program to be absolutely brilliant. Though, may I ask why you believe BD is drifting away from 'what we've come to expect' from them musically?

How about this for a new name..........13 Time Champion.

:shutup:

If the future is standing on chairs. I think I'll save my money and spend some time overseas next year.

Geoffrey

Dont let the door hitcha....