Best Uniforms

Boston has the best adjustment for this year. The white looks so good against the red of their unis...

Yes Boston

The corps that have white with color in them look good also.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a random topic, but who has the best uniforms to go along with their show concept.

This includes colorguard as well.

I have to give it up to both Carolina and BD

SC Vanguard

Boston Crusaders

Blue Devils

Maybe a random topic, but who has the best uniforms to go along with their show concept.

This includes colorguard as well.

I have to give it up to both Carolina and BD

Please help me understand what the bazaar 1/2 skirt and stripe on the corps uniform, and yellow disco workout outfit of the guard have to do with 1930??? Now for their absurd show last year, these did/would make perfect sense.

Cadets. Always the Cadets. Classic. My favorite every year (except 2005).

Honorable mention to Carolina Crown this year. This, however, must be stated with Bet Middler's words..."From a distance..." Not so beautiful in close up. But they look fantastic with the drill on the field. And I like the green plumes. Really.

Blue Devils

I know I'm a complete homer, but I LOVE BDs unis even the crazy half skirt haha. Other faves:

Bluecoats - love the cop/military look

Crown - love the 3 patches (or whatever) that they change out every year to complement their show

Cadets - just super old school

Cavaliers - have always thought they have the best uniforms that never need changing

Glassmen - just love the new look, sorta futuristic

don't really like:

Phantom - their new ones need less gray/silver and more red/black

SCV - people will hate me, but I liked it better when the white sash crossed over the shoulder, not under the armpit

Blue Stars - not really sure what, but something is just off about them

oh and as a side note; i was watching the 2002 and 2003 dvds and Magic of Orlando have to have the worst unis ever...purple with a red stripe :thumbdown:

I know I'm a complete homer, but I LOVE BDs unis even the crazy half skirt haha. Other faves:

But the question was not what unifirm do you love, but what uniform do you think works best with this year's show concept. I see NO relationship between BD's corps or guard uniforms/outfits and the 1930 theme.

Here's my pic for favorite uniform with a slight color change on the pants :)

troop.jpg

SCV. That is all.

:thumbdown: I would have liked to see the longer gauntlets from the original '97-'01 uniform, but overall it's great to see this look on the field again. And the ladies in the guard look so elegant.

But the question was not what unifirm do you love, but what uniform do you think works best with this year's show concept. I see NO relationship between BD's corps or guard uniforms/outfits and the 1930 theme.

I selected the Blue Devils because their guard costumes ( why do some call these Corps guards " uniforms " anymore ? ) match their theme a lot better than most other Corps guard costumes do. I also factor in how the color of the costumes either blend or contrast well the other sections of the Corps. And in this case, Crown for example in my opinion have a hideous color green in their costumes that does not blend well at all with the other sections colors, and particularly the plumes. This is a very uncoordinated color scheme in my opinion that in no way shape or form is a complement to their creme colored and brown trimed uniforms. But hey, everybody's tastes are different and I understand that some like these colors and the overall guard costumes worn by Crown this year. And that's cool.

Edited by BRASSO

I selected the Blue Devils because their guard costumes ( why do some call these Corps guards " uniforms " anymore ? ) match their theme a lot better than most other Corps guard costumes do. I also factor in how the color of the costumes either blend or contrast well the other sections of the Corps.

This.