BlueCoats win "VolcanoScore" audience vote in Buffalo

Volcano score? May I remind all ya'll that they used a similar (if not the same) system at the non-DCI sanctioned show in Vegas. BD won the audience, but VK was second, ahead of Bluecoats and Academy.

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it was Buffalo for crying out loud. They can't do anything right in Buffalo...look at the Bills and the Sabres!

That wasn't meant to be true but Buffalo ALWAYS gets a bad rap for everything and everything. The poll was a cool and novel idea!

BTW Kilties 1975 had some really hot music and playing. Put Kilts '75 with Madison '75...where did they get all those great brass players in one state? We could add Blue Star in there too.

We interrupt this thread to bring you the following public service message.

As "Bluecoats" is ONE word, the "c" of the second syllable is also lower case.

Please forgive me. I've taken it upon myself as a personal crusade to see all people spell the corps' name correctly sometime before I leave this green earth.

You can see the results yourself at www.volcanoscore.com and then use the dropdown to go to Drums Along the Waterfront.

The volcanoscore system was used to complement the judges scoring of the corps.

Interesting result! The BlueCoats show must be a really entertaining show this year.

With the name "VolcanoScore" it just oozes credibility doesn't it. It sounds like something from the movie Idiocrasy.

With the name "VolcanoScore" it just oozes credibility doesn't it. It sounds like something from the movie Idiocrasy.

now you've got me wanting to go to Starbucks :lol:

So I'm guessing that everyone thinks that because it was the Bluecoats that won the audience vote there is no credibility in the VolcanoScores, but I'm sure if BD had won it would be totally legit?

This is why judges judge and the fans buy tickets, buy hotdogs and squirt mustard on their shirt, eat a pretzel and hand their kid more napkins, all during a show and then they vote! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Volcano score? May I remind all ya'll that they used a similar (if not the same) system at the non-DCI sanctioned show in Vegas. BD won the audience, but VK was second, ahead of Bluecoats and Academy.

Garry in Vegas

The fan poll results of a show in Buffalo, NY were not favorable to California Corps, but were to a Ohio Corps ?

The fan poll results of a show in Las Vegas, Nevada were not favorable to a Ohio Corps but were to California Corps ?

Who would've ever predicted this , huh ?

Edited by BRASSO

I didn't say I didn't. In fact I do like it. Even today. But few people that were around to see all 4 corps will tell you that given a choice between bringing back the Kilties, Bridgemen, Suncoast Sound or the Anaheim Kingsmen, they'd pick the Kilties. That's just plain silly. The fact that this poll has 8 TIMES more people choosing the Kilties simply brings a chuckle. It HAS too. The poll is not relective of a national reality at all. But I'm happy to see the suport of the Kilties in that poll nonetheless. Good for them!

I don't think this poll outcome was meant to detract from Bridgemen, AK, Suncoast, but there was this certain SOMETHING about the Kilties, they were pure drum corps, undiluted--'75 or '69 or '74 or '65--when the Kilties were at the show you KNEW you were in the right place at the right time! Their arrangements were world class (Ives?!!) their look meant "you'll be needin' to get out of our way, thanks" and their feel was classy and they had everyone's respect. (usually!) Just so fun to watch and they were soooo cool for so long. I bet that's what people want back.