Thank you for coming to Indiana DCI!

Airfare from where I live in the US is about $700. I wish DCI would have consulted me a bit more before moving to Indy.

Me too...cheapest flight I could find was $599 through US Airs with one stop, no non-stop flight from ELP to Indianapolis.

From my summer home in CA would cost $821 through US Airs with one stop, again no non-stops. This would be from Oakland to Indianapolis. Both departing August 5th and returning August 9th.

It was nice to see the video. Good press for DCI and the kids performing.

Edited by txorchdork013

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Dan is purposefully choosing his words. Look for more in the next few years. And if my guess is right....some of you are going to be p###ed. Yeah, I supplied my own #s.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY CORRECT!!! I'm telling each and every one of you that they (The BOD and ADMIN) will change the name to MBI before we know it. That it why you hear less and less of the term "Drum Corps" coming from ADMIN. Hide and watch!

priceline.com

got RT, with connection for $300. cant use it now thanks to a former employer, but i wasnt complaining about the deal

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY CORRECT!!! I'm telling each and every one of you that they (The BOD and ADMIN) will change the name to MBI before we know it. That it why you hear less and less of the term "Drum Corps" coming from ADMIN. Hide and watch!

I tripped onto this by accident:

http://www.dci.org/fannetwork/

Kind of says it all ... no?

Lame. . .but also to be expected.

Perhaps the proposal for woodwinds in the pit will come at this years meetings instead of next.

It's comming!

It's comming!

"Winter is coming."

Lame. . .but also to be expected.

Perhaps the proposal for woodwinds in the pit will come at this years meetings instead of next.

I actually think this came about because DCI was hosting "via the web" the BOA championships. I would expect they were paid for this service. Yes?

I actually think this came about because DCI was hosting "via the web" the BOA championships. I would expect they were paid for this service. Yes?

That's probably what it is . . .but I do think there's a little attempt at synergy here between the three circuits which speaks to a certain direction. The references by Dan to "clubs" and "groups" are intentional in their attempt to put the brand out there in the broadest terms possible: "marching band" being the only defining element one comes away with.

That's well and good, for drum corps is a sort of marching band . . .but I think it speaks to an acceleration of rule changes to line up with the other circuits moving forward.

Guess we'll see what this winter holds. :thumbup:

Indy = illegal fireworks !!!

That’s about the best I have to say about that place

Thinking a closed dome will mitigate the close proximity and make it skipable in the future

Like I want to spend 3 days in the height of summer sitting in a giant air conditioned echo chamber?

No, I want to be outside

and save that 'it sounds good for a dome' that's like saying it smells good for a dump