SCV forgoes competitive performance at DCI Tour event in Toledo

2. It's not a flu, it's a virus. There is no vaccine. It must run its course (that means isolating people who are actively affected)

Er . . . the flu is a virus. Or, more specifically, a group of influenza viruses.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er . . . the flu is a virus. Or, more specifically, a group of influenza viruses.

As it was explained to me today .. it wasn't an influenza strain. So I'm not sure what the proper answer is .. but all advice heard was to let it run it's course and isolate.

more of the masses would know that our activity exists then! Well, for a little while, until all the humans died.

and then all that would be left are drummers ? :thumbdown:

Wasn't BD coming down with something too?

Yes. The doctor suggested they get some rest by sitting down a lot while they perform. I think the Cavaliers have it avoided by staying in the fresh mountain air. Blue Stars are staying healthy by frequently changing the air filters in their factory.

Edited by DBYoung

Yes. The doctor suggested they get some rest by sitting down a lot while they perform.

:thumbdown:

My thoughts - This happens every summer with all drum corps. The reason why we are hearing about it and it is online is b/c of H1N1 and corps (and the world for that matter) being extra cautious.

Multiple corps having double digit members down over the course of the season? No, that does not happen every year.

This has to be pretty serious for it to still be affecting all these corps...WOW!

Good luck SCV and I hope you can maintain your top 5 status this year ! :thumbdown: I mean, top 3 status! :rock:

Edited by Lancerlady

That's kinda the problem...it takes so long to produce the vaccine, they had to take a guess a year ahead. This years flu came out of the blue.

I thought this came out of Crown... :thumbdown: