Little to no Love for The Academy ?

So......The Academy has a really good shot at making it in to the Saturday night show....and you would never know it while perusing DCP. I saw Academy live in Allentown....and I must say I was very pleased by what I saw and heard. There hornline is pretty darn amazing. If they are lacking somewhere (ensemble, perc) then their hornline should be able to help overshadow those weaker areas.

2009 = Better (More accessible) show selection/design.....coupled with their always pleasing brand of aggressiveness. Looking forward to seeing them again in INDY...

What do you folks think ??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could say I think Academy can make it to Finals but they wont, I think Troopers have just pulled away enough with their 85 tonight to cement themselves in 12th. No doubt Academy is talented and the show is a step above that egg they laid last year but we're going to have to wait till next year...uggh I hate saying that, Get em Cubbies :thumbdown: . Anyway, I do think Academy does get love here on DCP especially in '07 when they made the jump but with Troopers making the push for 12th Academy has pretty much been overshadowed in my opinion.

I really like their show but from what I have seen it looks like there is a LOT to clean and I don't know if it will all happen before Quarterfinals.

Regardless, I think it is great that they are doing well!

I think in the years theyve been around theyve really improved as a whole, Id say next year theyd have a really good shot at finals

I saw them at Allentown and was also blown away by their performance. I loved the show and can't wait to get the APD from Finals. I remember seeing them last year and I loved their show. This year had the same results for me. Great show and I hope to see them continue to rise.

So......The Academy has a really good shot at making it in to the Saturday night show....and you would never know it while perusing DCP. I saw Academy live in Allentown....and I must say I was very pleased by what I saw and heard. There hornline is pretty darn amazing. If they are lacking somewhere (ensemble, perc) then their hornline should be able to help overshadow those weaker areas.

2009 = Better (More accessible) show selection/design.....coupled with their always pleasing brand of aggressiveness. Looking forward to seeing them again in INDY...

What do you folks think ??

I think it's the best show they've had to perfom including their 2006 II/III championship show. However, I think they are a tad young in some sections and consistency can be a factor. They are really good though and I am so proud of all of them. More watermelon when you all return. I think this is a better show concept that the 2007 show that got them to 13th.

To get 12th, they'd have to have all the stars aligning and it's just hard for me to see that all coming together for them at this point. But, everything can change on Thursday night.

Way to go Arizona Red!

Thanks for all the kind words. Winning fans in DCI is a hard thing to do. The kids in the corps know they are entertaining you and putting out a great effort each night. I was with them for the past week on tour and they have a great positive attitude and are proud of the show.

Dont count them out yet! They may not get it this year but it's still possible.

I think Tom is right on the money. This was a good year that may be a finals run. Either way they have done a good job at making a positive gain from last year.

I'm hoping next year Mark and the rest of the Academy will allow me the opportunity to play a part in taking them a step further.

Mark, my offer still stands!

Tom give him a little nudge!

Edited by Phantombari1