Fun Stuff to do in Rochester?

Hey so I am originally from upstate New York and the last time i went to Rochester Kodak was in full swing and it was the bowling capitol of the world ( My parents always went there for tournaments).. I am so looking forward to getting back to visiting friends and family ( first trip back since 1985) . I was just curious if someone has time what are the good places to eat, and interesting or fun things to do in that town?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey so I am originally from upstate New York and the last time i went to Rochester Kodak was in full swing and it was the bowling capitol of the world ( My parents always went there for tournaments).. I am so looking forward to getting back to visiting friends and family ( first trip back since 1985) . I was just curious if someone has time what are the good places to eat, and interesting or fun things to do in that town?

People are nice - as you can see not many posts. Wish DCA's were in Scranton or West Chester.

If you like barbecue, Beale Street Cafe and Dinosaur Barbecue are both excellent, IMO. Dinosaur is within walking distance of the Radisson hotel and convention center downtown (the sites for the Friday night I&E/mini-corps shows)....Beale Street is a short drive from downtown.

Fran

what do you want to do besides food? If you're at the Strathallen, you're already in a great area... leaving there and heading back downtown you will find a whole bunch of clubs if you're into clubbing... Monroe Ave. and Park Ave. run same direction near East Ave where you are and offer tons of things to do... kind of like a minature Grenwich Village...

and to the person who said go back to Scranton... duh..... Stadium no longer available (thanks to the Yankees).... and way too few hotel rooms.... other than that - great city... had my first fried dill pickle at Muggs Saturday after the show... wow... great stuff... Fried Dill Pickles and sweet potato fries... heaven...

what do you want to do besides food? If you're at the Strathallen, you're already in a great area... leaving there and heading back downtown you will find a whole bunch of clubs if you're into clubbing... Monroe Ave. and Park Ave. run same direction near East Ave where you are and offer tons of things to do... kind of like a minature Grenwich Village...

and to the person who said go back to Scranton... duh..... Stadium no longer available (thanks to the Yankees).... and way too few hotel rooms.... other than that - great city... had my first fried dill pickle at Muggs Saturday after the show... wow... great stuff... Fried Dill Pickles and sweet potato fries... heaven...

Clubbing and bars is fine.. Some good restaurants would be nice too. how about this if you a friend is coming to Rochester for the first time. what is the one thing you tell them they really have to try or do? Besides DCA, I&E, and/or bowling! :-)

Everybody's friend, Charlie Groh, is nowadays a compulsive photographer.

On his way back from the stadium to the hotel, he stopped to take a picture ....... of the Kodak building.