Shows that just needed "one more week"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For me:

1. SCV 2000 (LOVED that show!) and wanted it to be clean so badly, but it was such a beast of a show, and needed changes to the closer IMHO.

2. STAR 1990 - Should have scored higher I think.

3. Cadets 1992 as others have said.

4. I'll even throw in Phantom 1993 - they wouldn't have passed Cadets or Start I don't think, but it was a great show that was a little dirty. All three corps had changed endings at finals that year that very pretty dirty visually.

These are all good and personal favorites.

Possibly add Cadets '89. Not sure if a week would have done it, as they had a lot of trouble with the overlay of two songs at the end (similar to what they are doing this year), but I LOVE that show. It is visually stunning with the drill, staging, use of vignettes at the end and all the emotion they put into several parts of it. It also laid the foundation for guard work you still see today. Might have been able to move up a spot or two with a few more days work on it.

I think this is true for everyone that doesn't win or place where they wanted to.

"Man - if only we'd just had one more week....."

Flip of the topic....

BD needed one less week last year. :thumbdown:

Every show i have ever taught, high school or drum corps always needed "one more week" LOL

haha!..... so true !

As with most sports teams..... " gee, if we only had one more week "

( although if it's the Detriot Lions, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Jays, etc " we just need one more YEAR !..... haha! )

Flip of the topic....

BD needed one less week last year. :rolleyes:

And probably many of the years that they came in 2nd or 3rd at finals.

also, Southwind 2000 would have made finals in another week. (or day. or hour. or anything else, really.)

This is the one that absolutely kills me, because I can't help but feel as if Southwind's entire future after that year would have been much different had they made finals. Whether we care to admit it or not, making finals has a huge impact on recruiting, especially for corps that have never been there before. The worst part about them not making finals? They were 12th or higher in EVERY SINGLE SUBCAPTION.

Edited by Musicman1084

Cadets 1992. Came on strong late in the year. But one of the songs ends in a back into a giant (full corps) oblique diagonal block set. Of course, the finals camera points straight down the lines. Well, "lines" is a bit of an over statement. Dang hard move to be sure. But the song ENDS there, so there is no chance to correct it as they move on.

I've often felt that ending form is part of what kept them from taking the title.