5 championship quality shows

I will put my list here of shows that are worthy of a Championship:

1. Crown

2. SCV

OK I'm done.

Do I really have to write a 10 page report supporting my opinion?

I honestly don't feel Cadets arrangements, BD or Cavies brass books aren't complex enough to deserve a championship. Cadets have some crazy fast drill (which is amazing) But I can't love this show in the way that a Championship show inspires that kind of feeling. The arrangements are just too choppy and the visual has some bad staging for voicing and very little release of tension in the show.

BD and Cavies need more meat. IN the case of BD, I just don't feel there is enough substance or thought behind selling the 1930 theme to warrant a title. Cavies show is cute at times, quite clean and visually effective, but again, the total concept and music arrangements are sub par in my book.

My minor complaints about Crown is in the lack of development of characters throughout the production. My complaint on SCV (as a designer) are minute. They have a clear vision of what they wanted to put on the field this year .... my quibbles are based on how I would do something different ... but that doesn't mean what they're doing isn't exquisite.

I think Crown has a real shot at the title. I think SCV has a real shot at 3rd. I think Cadets, BD and Cavies have nice shows .... but they're just nice shows.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic