Voice Your Opinion!

http://www.dci.org/support/ >email DCI offices

Tel: 317.275.1212

Fax: 317.713.0690

fieldpass@dci.org > email Dan Potter, whom takes fan feedback very seriously, and seems to have a good amount of weight in the DCI community.

317.489.9385 > call Dan Potter & leave a voicemail

Please contact DCI with your opinions of Lucas Oil Stadium!! After reading many threads and talking to numerous people, I have not heard 1 positive feedback about the viewing/listening experience at Lucas.

I highly encourage everyone to voice your opinion! For such a niche activity, with an even more niche organization running it, it would be in both parties BEST interests to listen to the fans paying the $$$. Based alone on the amount of empty seats I saw at quarters, Im sure someone will listen.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent mine. I have been to finals every year since 1983. I will not be back while it is here. :bluedevil:

http://www.dci.org/support/ >email DCI offices

Tel: 317.275.1212

Fax: 317.713.0690

fieldpass@dci.org > email Dan Potter, whom takes fan feedback very seriously, and seems to have a good amount of weight in the DCI community.

317.489.9385 > call Dan Potter & leave a voicemail

Please contact DCI with your opinions of Lucas Oil Stadium!! After reading many threads and talking to numerous people, I have not heard 1 positive feedback about the viewing/listening experience at Lucas.

I highly encourage everyone to voice your opinion! For such a niche activity, with an even more niche organization running it, it would be in both parties BEST interests to listen to the fans paying the $$$. Based alone on the amount of empty seats I saw at quarters, Im sure someone will listen.

Save you time. People have been voicing their opinion to DCI for years and they don't care what anyone thinks.

Save you time. People have been voicing their opinion to DCI for years and they don't care what anyone thinks.

. . .well, that might be true, but this is a little different than the amplification petitions and some of the other stuff that ultimately was disregarded by DCI.

If enough people are disappointed with the venue (and that starts to spread through word of mouth to others) and choose to go elsewhere besides championships (say one of the outdoor shows like MTSU), then it will adversely affect ticket sales, which creates a cascade effect as that means less money tourism-wise for Indianapolis and might cause someone to listen to the concerns folks have.

The question is: is this just a small subset that is displeased with the sound/venue, or is it more of a general consensus?

Not that I expect to see Nats move to Bloomington or elsewhere, anyway . . .DCI probably doesn't have too much wiggle room with their contract, I'd imagine.

I guess we'll see.

All I'll say is that from my seat in the theater the sound overall was excellent. Many corps had the bass on their synths too loud, but overall I heard good balance and (most specific to the venue) clarity of sound. The only times I heard extensive reverb were times when the corps very obviously programmed it into their performances. Ad let me tell you, the reverb at those moments went over REALLY well in my theater. Packed full of people who really appreciated the effect. I have no complaints to DCI as a whole, just to certain corps to reach for better balance with their bass synth notes.

. . .well, that might be true, but this is a little different than the amplification petitions and some of the other stuff that ultimately was disregarded by DCI.

If enough people are disappointed with the venue (and that starts to spread through word of mouth to others) and choose to go elsewhere besides championships (say one of the outdoor shows like MTSU), then it will adversely affect ticket sales, which creates a cascade effect as that means less money tourism-wise for Indianapolis and might cause someone to listen to the concerns folks have.

The question is: is this just a small subset that is displeased with the sound/venue, or is it more of a general consensus?

Not that I expect to see Nats move to Bloomington or elsewhere, anyway . . .DCI probably doesn't have too much wiggle room with their contract, I'd imagine.

I guess we'll see.

No, just like everything else DCI will blame the lack of ticket sales on something other than what the real issue is. High gas prices, economy, blah blah blah.

Based alone on the amount of empty seats I saw at quarters, Im sure someone will listen.

Attendance is often dreadful compared against Finals. Wait for Saturday night, then we'll see what attendance is like.

Neither the city or the venue have any appeal to me. Flying there is also a pain. I won't be attending finals for the next eight years. And by that time, either Drum Corps will be dead or I'll be.

I really liked Drum Corps.

Thanks for the link.