Corps can't hear the crowd at LOS

Both Crown and Cadets mentioned that it's hard for the members to hear the audience because of stadium acoustics. Cadets are suggesting waving towels. Crown suggests being louder. :smile: Either way - be sure that if you're going to applaud tonight / tomorrow, do it loud!

Or get a microphone and amp... :thumbdown: <sorry, couldn't resist>

Ok, just be louder!

:smile:

Mike

Seriously? The corps can't hear the crowd? WTF is up with the sound at this place?

I did? I don't see any mention of corps not hearing the audience? Am I missing something?

Mike

(not being sarcastic - is there another thread on this I missed?)

I just think it was being discussed in the "Terrible sound in Lucas" thread. I still think it would be great if you closed your own thread though. lol

Seriously? The corps can't hear the crowd? WTF is up with the sound at this place?

Mike, you're good. No mentions that I have seen.

I think Hop tried to warn everyone way back in November on his blog following a sound test that this wasn't an ideal place to have finals. DCI has made their bed, and now they will have to lay in it for quite sometime. Indy is a beautiful city, but not si much that they can financially survive with this for 10 more years.

This is a disaster.

I did? I don't see any mention of corps not hearing the audience? Am I missing something?

Mike

(not being sarcastic - is there another thread on this I missed?)

Shoot, Mike, I'm sorry, I wronged you, that was the wrong thread. Another effect of finals week on DCP and all the posts flying back and forth, what I thought was a new thread on this topic actually turned out to be post #132 and following, when I went searching for it, here:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...0&start=120

Well it won't stop DCI from trying to promote the stadium as being amazing. This from a Crown member via DCI: “Our performance tonight was great. The crowd was very responsive and the venue is fantastic and great acoustically,” he said. “It was heartwarming to be in there and to be able to feel the vibe of the entire drum corps as you are marching on the field. On an outdoor field, you don’t get the same reverb and all of the vibration of the sound you’re creating."

So how much did they pay him to say that? lol. And isn't it odd that he says the sound is great, yet he then says you don't get the reverb and all the vibrations of the sound in an outdoor stadium? Huh???

Edited by Feathers Up