Who else on here marched DCI 72

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - is that 8 (or 9??) seasons with one junior corps? Quite an accomplishment. Any idea what the record is?

9 years , I was 12 years old when I started.Wouldn't give it up for anything!

My last year,1980 I raised some eye brows. Don Angelica was in Huntsville, Alabama. We marched past him and he looked a me. I heard him clearly single me out and state "I taught him in 1972 how old is he? I was legal.

I march with at least one person who was there, Tom Slade. Can anyone say how the order of appearance for prelims was determined?

Robert

Can anyone say how the order of appearance for prelims was determined?

I think it still depended on when the corps sent their registrations in to DCI. When you look at the order of appearance at 1972 DCI prelims, they are pretty random.

Des Plaines Vanguard, who finished 7th at finals in '72, were the second corps to step off in prelims. The Argonne Rebels, who were 5th at finals were the fifth corps to appear at prelims. The Anaheim Kingsmen, who went on to win the title were sixth to appear at prelims, etc.

I had a girlfriend who marched with the Bellevue Sentinels back in '73. She used to talk about the rivalry they had with you guys.

I'd sure like to see scores, reps, or pictures from the Sentinels and the NW shows (and other corps like the Titans, Shamrocks, Columbians, and a lot of others). Seems like info on them is hard to find and share.