Your favorite OTHER Corps DCA uniform is....

Robbie Ellis said:

"I knew there was an Archie-Ballantine connection somewhere."

Yes, Robbie, and I suspect it had nothing to do with uniforms! (Ducks and runs from Cossetti!)

I have to agree with the Skyliners' classic cadet-style uniform of the 60's and 70's, before they started to toy with extra white and gold trim, cummerbunds, sashes, etc.: Exactly the way it looks on the 'Through the Years' album cover.

My second 'other favorite' uniform would be the Sunrisers' cadet jackets also.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always partial to the Bushwackers uniforms from 1984. Black pants, magenta and blue alternate sleves with the piano keyboard sarape acrosss the chest, with the white fordora. This was very possibly the first Greg Cesario type uniform in drum corps that included the high ski bib type pants that almost every corps wears now. I believe our uniform came out before the Cavaliers did.

I also liked the cadet style uniforms, with shakos of course, from corps like the 1960's Sunrisers, Skyliners and Yankee Rebels.

I've always thought the Bushwacker uni was great. At least the one they were wearing in the 90's. Haven't seen a lot of the new ones, but Rochester is coming.

Brigs uni looks very cool. Favorite. Then Bucs and MBI's.

My least favorite is Cru's, the colors are just plain ugly. Unique, but ugly.

Robbie Ellis said:

"I knew there was an Archie-Ballantine connection somewhere."

Yes, Robbie, and I suspect it had nothing to do with uniforms! (Ducks and runs from Cossetti!)

I have to agree with the Skyliners' classic cadet-style uniform of the 60's and 70's, before they started to toy with extra white and gold trim, cummerbunds, sashes, etc.: Exactly the way it looks on the 'Through the Years' album cover.

My second 'other favorite' uniform would be the Sunrisers' cadet jackets also.

John, I don't know if the Archie-Ballantine thing was a rivalry but I do remember the uniforms. Now, Archie & Reilly was a rivalry but that's a discussion for another time!

Actually the Sky uniform that I meant was the classic 60s & 70s uni. It has remained pretty much true to form over the years though, like Cabs. ( A couple of years in the early 2000s Sky tried to change their look ).

I'm kind of partial to cadet style uniforms. I think they look very "neat".

Robbie: The 'Archie-Ballantine connection' I was referring to had nothing to do with the Ballantine Brewers corps. I was talking about the Beer!! LOL!

I can still recall the slogans:

"Hey, Get your cold beer! Hey! Get your Ballantine Beer!"

"Make the three-ring sign, and ask the man for Ballantine!"

And I was just a kid hearing those ads! No, really! LOL! (My dad drank Rheingold!)

Robbie: The 'Archie-Ballantine connection' I was referring to had nothing to do with the Ballantine Brewers corps. I was talking about the Beer!! LOL!

I can still recall the slogans:

"Hey, Get your cold beer! Hey! Get your Ballantine Beer!"

"Make the three-ring sign, and ask the man for Ballantine!"

And I was just a kid hearing those ads! No, really! LOL! (My dad drank Rheingold!)

I remember the beer and the ads well. And, there probably was a beer connection between the corps. :satisfied: We are probably about the same age and I was a kid too. Mom and Dad drank Carlings Black Label. Yuck!

I've always liked the corps with the longer feathers and plums like Bucs and Bush and MCL. Bush's look the bets.

Overall if I was going to pick one uniform other than CVs I'd choose Hawthorne's.

Favorite ever... Brigs uni of the 60's and 70's - Cream,red, and black. After that...Cabs, the Mad Plaid, and how about Cru when they still wore the "gestapo" caps?

I can darn well guarantee our new look will resonate with the folks WAY more than our old look ever did!

That's not saying a lot. I have one of your old uniforms.

Overall if I was going to pick one uniform other than CVs I'd choose Hawthorne's.

I like the Cabs look too.It really fits the style of the shows they do.