From 1st to 8th?

I don't think there's any arguing about the talent level of PR's auditionees.

To say that their corps is fielded by high schoolers with no DCI experience is a cop-out.

I have a hard time believing that.

It really sucks that they're having such a bad year. I think their show design and staff is more to blame.

fact: yes the visual design sucks.

fact: yes they have several high schoolers WITHOUT DCI experience.

believe whatever you want, but to deny what's true is useless.

anyways...i need to go explore my hotel before my friend gets here.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how your posts digress from:

a corps with a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds who have never marched corps in their lives to

20-25 young rookies to

several.

I don't deny that they have several. To imply that a talent drop-off is the cause for their problems this year is pretty silly.

Edit for accuracy.

Edited by jblamb1401

Oh so they have 25 or 30 HS-aged rookies? Then I blame them for selecting them when they had 400+ (i guess relatively un-talented) kids to pick from. Yeah, thats the problem.....[/sarcasm]

Do we really need and excuse? There just a little off in a great and tight year. I have been a Phan for a long long time, but I can be honest. They are consistently entertaining and always Phantom, but not consistently competitive. Some years they have, some they don't. Sure, everyone has that problem, but it is particularly acute with PR.

Not a problem. They are still awesome and I will be humming their music for months. I hope they come up with some great ideas for next year.

Funny how your posts digress from:

a corps with a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds who have never marched corps in their lives to

20-25 young rookies to

several.

I don't deny that they have several. To imply that a talent drop-off is the cause for their problems this year is pretty silly.

Edit for accuracy.

no it's only one factor of many. a bunch & several = roughly 20-25. ;)

who cares where they place? i sure as hell don't. i'm really only here to see them perform along with SCV, and Holy Name (shocker!). i doubt i'll even stay past HNC.

Edited by chaos001

I don't think there's any arguing about the talent level of PR's auditionees.

To say that their corps is fielded by high schoolers with no DCI experience is a cop-out.

I have a hard time believing that.

It really sucks that they're having such a bad year. I think their show design and staff is more to blame.

Sorry, but to say they are "having such a bad year" to me implies that they're placing where they are because everyone above them isn't good. As it's already been stated, this is an incredible year from places 1 -22. Someone has to take 8th or 9th place. This year it just happens to be Phantom.

It's the same thing as a football team that gets beat 21-0 and then saying the team that lost sure played like crap! Well, maybe they did OR... just maybe they were a good team but the team that beat them simply played a better game.

Edited by skajerk

Sorry, but to say they are "having such a bad year" to me implies that they're placing where they are because everyone above them isn't good. As it's already been stated, this is an incredible year from places 1 -22. Someone has to take 8th or 9th place. This year it just happens to be Phantom.

It's the same thing as a football team that gets beat 49-0 and then saying the team that lost sure played like crap! Well, maybe they did OR... just maybe the team that beat them simply played a great game and was the better team.

this activity is apparently only about winning...and taking your money for crappy seats in a crappy venue. :tongue:

well, moreso the latter than the former.

fact: yes the visual design sucks.

It's the same visual design team as last year according to their web site. From what I saw last night on the FN they look dirty. Might not be all design, maybe they just got a late start and never caught up. Some years just don't work out the way we planned them.

I'm enjoying their encore performances more than their actual show. Can they please play New World Symphony? I don't give a #### if it's dated. It sounds amazin!

NewWorldLou

Edited by Geoff
filter circumvention