DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

What is the story behind that? Not sure I've heard that...

It was just a fluke.... Our mellos that summer were flat out stellar..... When we started the show in the gargoyle vis that began the show one our mellos tuning slides moved all the way in and I believe got stuck... In Orlando in August that equals crazy sharp... It was unfortunate as we had a phenominal summer that season and had beaten the Regiment every show except..... Finals! Oh well, we set up the corps for the placements in '99 and '00!!! All of our work payed off as those members kept going and took it to a new level... Kinda similiar to what's happening with BK now... Mostly a first year member corps with crazy talent... They keep comig back and goodness..... Two to three years of Sully's drill and you might see BK challenging the upper eschelon!!

Wes P

BK '97 '98

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i do...

i think we are aging ourselves here...

ouch !

Love the conflict between the low brass on the left side playing Mighty Fortress very reverently while the percussion and upper brass play discordant, high tempo, and tense stabs.

Crowd loves the big hit resolution!

Taps now playing backfield.

yeah low bras!!! :tongue:

wish I was watching this amazing night happen!!!

Horns now in "concert" formation as our Navy hero returns to his girl and sweeps her off her feet. Great drum corps moment.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States."

Now in Fancy Free. Again, another fast paced drill moment. The corps is really moving.

Lot of park and blow opportunities when the corps isn't moving, though. Some great rotating line work done by the trumpets.

Kevin... Im reading your post, and visualizing in my head the show

thanks !!!

Im getting goosebumps !

Now building to the big finish. LOTS of rotating forms happening now. Hornline pass through, then ANOTHER pass through while the form rotates. Crazy stuff!

Corps comes up to the front for some final in your face power.

Horns now in "concert" formation as our Navy hero returns to his girl and sweeps her off her feet. Great drum corps moment.

Indeed. :tongue:

Blue Stars in action:

6oq.jpg