RIP Mass Brass

Geez, does no one have a since of humor?

I wasn't at finals last year but I imagine it was pretty funny and besides, they have been working hard in a very controlled environment all summer, drum corps is pretty high pressure stuff so I don't really have a problem with kiss-offs, over blowing or hanging over here and there. Hell, it's their performance, let them do what they want.

BTW, I'm not a fan of the "mass brass" thing, I like the old retreats (playing off the field) much better.

how do you feel about putting your instrument back up after it's over and playing more by yourself?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've been home for about an hour now & I can assure you that MASS BRASS

is alive & well! We didn't go to 8PM like we thought we would but it was by far our

best rehearsal of the year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Rochester at the Mini-Corps Championship!

Tonight, for the first time in I don't know how long, there was no mass brass performance during retreat. No America the Beautiful, no Champion's Fanfare, nothing. Do you think they're taking a break due to last year's fiasco, or is it gone for good?

We didn't do it when I marched so I guess this wasn't a tradition with much longevity anyways. You can blame the kids and the crappy/careless way they approached playing these pieces for the reason why they are no longer doing it. If they can't do it right then they shouldn't have the honor of doing it at all.

how do you feel about putting your instrument back up after it's over and playing more by yourself?

Lol!!!

I didn't hear any of that on the video but it sounds pretty freaking funny.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all night.

Do we have it confirmed that it wasnt played this year because of past behavior? My assumption was that unlike previous years where 2 corps would do the playing of the song that was used for 'mass brass' every show throughout the season(giving all corps a chance to play it every so often), this season one corps was always pre-selected to do their encore before scores. Due to this, the piece 'mass brass' would have had to be a piece that nobody had performed all summer.