DCI Marketplace

Just a thought about the set of the Marketplace at Lucas Oil.

Loved that it was inside and the vendors did not need to worry about the elements, HOWEVER

The fact that it was actually in the stadium made it very inaccessible. You needed a ticket for that day to get into it. Unlike past years when it was set up outside somewhere and could be visited by anyone without having to go into the stadium. Sometimes you just like to go walk around on a day you are not doing a show. For example for those people with finals tickets only, I do not think they want to spend their time in the marketplace when they are there to see a show. Some people come a day early and would like to just walk around

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told it was out of the way and not well advertised.

This isn't new. It was done this way in 2007 at the Rose Bowl as well. You had to present your ticket before you entered the marketplace. I liked last year in Bloomington, though, where you could wander through without needing a ticket.

You're wrong.

They had a video announcement and Dan Potter literally giving a 'walkthrough' of how to get down there about every 3 corps. There were HUGE bright-colored signs advertising it, all that capped off with the opportunity to walk on the turf every time you went down, and the constant stream of people walking down there through the stadium seats which should have been more than obvious.

Whoever told you that it was not well advertised was either deaf and blind or drunk.

you just called his wife, who had a booth in the marketplace, deaf/blind/drunk.

god help you :tongue:

You're wrong.

They had a video announcement and Dan Potter literally giving a 'walkthrough' of how to get down there about every 3 corps. There were HUGE bright-colored signs advertising it, all that capped off with the opportunity to walk on the turf every time you went down, and the constant stream of people walking down there through the stadium seats which should have been more than obvious.

Whoever told you that it was not well advertised was either deaf and blind or drunk.

actually not blind, not deaf and not drunk.

actually they worked in the Marketplace, and heard lots of people say it was inconvenient and not well advertised.

actually not blind, not deaf and not drunk.

actually they worked in the Marketplace, and heard lots of people say it was inconvenient and not well advertised.

I probably heard the same amount or more people saying it was awesome, they enjoyed being able to go on the turf, it was great being inside the stadium, they appreciated being able to listen to the show while they shopped, it was nice hearing the announcements of scores and things, it was air conditioned, security was great, souvie sellers didn't have to be there excessively early or late, wireless internet access, there were bathrooms nearby, free cold filtered water nearby, and it was overall great.

I probably heard the same amount or more people saying it was awesome, they enjoyed being able to go on the turf, it was great being inside the stadium, they appreciated being able to listen to the show while they shopped, it was nice hearing the announcements of scores and things, it was air conditioned, security was great, souvie sellers didn't have to be there excessively early or late, wireless internet access, there were bathrooms nearby, free cold filtered water nearby, and it was overall great.

being inside was a huge plus. but the fact was a lot of people complained they didnt know how to get there and it was way out of the way.

one other issue was booths where you needed to hear people talk were near equipment companies where kids from every corps done for the week stopped to jam their show one ( or 20) more times, which was quite disruptive to hearing people talk.

and your apology to my wife is accepted.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Doesn't the fact that people had to walk thru it serve the advertising purpose?