OK, BD, you are kicking everyone's butt! Now, can we have some

1+9+3+0 = 1+3 = 4

I don't get it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan,you can't clap to it,you can't even hardly tap your foot to it and imo,it resembles music not one iota.

I remember hearing (pretty much) this exact comment in 1978 when we played Spanish Fantasy ... a lot of people didn't like it because you "couldn't hum it" (lot's of rhythmic syncopations). Many people said that's why we came in 3rd, but that didn't hold water because BD played it in '79 and won.

Music is "in the ear of the beholder". I respect that you, or others, might not care for BDs music, as everyones taste differs.

I hope that, however, you would respect that the marching members of (not only BD, but) every corps deserve the acknowledgment that they did their best out on the field. BD lost brass this year ... you can use it to further your theory that they didn't play music. I however think they did a fantastic job.

I thought Crown did a fantastic job. I thought that <insert your favorite corps name here> did a fantastic job. I might not have liked some other corps show concepts, or some of the arrangements, and I personally do not care for amplification, but the kids on the field in ALL corps give it their all, and should never be chided, or boo'd, about their accomplishments ... first place, or 22nd place, or about how they played/marched the show that the staff prepared for them.

And as far as "kicking everyone's butt" ... you probably weren't around, as I was, when the Blue Devils were getting beat by the Audobon Bon-Bon Girls, and pretty much everyone else. The BD organization hasn't always been the powerhouse it is today, we went through our growing pains just like everyone else. And from Jerry Seawright, through Mike Moxley, and Dave Gibbs, the members have always been taught how to properly conduct themselves, win or loose.

And that's something I can clap to!

</soapbox>

It doesn't equal 13. It equals 4.

1+9+3+0 = 13 ... what planet is your calculator from?

Yes. But 1+3=4.

God. It's not a hard joke to understand, folks. =]

4...as in 4 gold medals in this decade for BD after the 2010 season!

Yes. But 1+3=4.

I guess you're gonna have to teach me how to count.

That definitely wasn't a straight forward assumption by the way.

Yes. But 1+3=4.

Also, they won 4 caption awards on Saturday night.

Rather than Devils changing the music they play, how about other teams do what they do better than them.

BD was not my fav this year, but I couldn't deny that they did what they did better than CC and HNC. CC to march better, HNC needed to play better.

I guess you're gonna have to teach me how to count.

That definitely wasn't a straight forward assumption by the way.

1+9+3+0=13

1+3=4

Yes, it was my own interpretation of it.