Will/has Crown's success impact Cadet's recruiting?

I know when I was deciding where to try out in '93, it was between Star and Cadets for me. Star had my favorite shows collectively, over the few years up to that, and I thought they were definitely on the cutting edge, but Cadets blew me away in '92 with 'To Tame the Perilous Skies', and based on that show, and the fact that it was easier for me to get to Jersey, I decided to go to Bergen County to try out, and marched there three years...

Do you think that Crown's great shows over the past 3 years, and competitive success will draw from would 'would have been' Cadet's talent?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm sure it has.

I'm a huge Cadets and Crown fan. I was debating on going to either Crown or Cadets for this upcoming season, and I think I've picked Crown. Still love em both, but I'd rather not get my ### completely handed to me all summer with Holy Name =]

To be honest, I'm sure it has.

I'm a huge Cadets and Crown fan. I was debating on going to either Crown or Cadets for this upcoming season, and I think I've picked Crown. Still love em both, but I'd rather not get my ### completely handed to me all summer with Holy Name =]

Just curious what you are referring to w/Cadets? The practice schedule, or you think they will win less?

Just curious what you are referring to w/Cadets? The practice schedule, or you think they will win less?

I'm talking about the intensity of marching with Cadets compared to any other corps. Ridiculously driven corps, of course. But it comes at a price, especially when you see so many of their members hurt with only a few weeks left of tour...

Not saying it's a bad thing, really. But I'd rather be a part of something a bit more relaxed.

I know when I was deciding where to try out in '93, it was between Star and Cadets for me. Star had my favorite shows collectively, over the few years up to that, and I thought they were definitely on the cutting edge, but Cadets blew me away in '92 with 'To Tame the Perilous Skies', and based on that show, and the fact that it was easier for me to get to Jersey, I decided to go to Bergen County to try out, and marched there three years...

Do you think that Crown's great shows over the past 3 years, and competitive success will draw from would 'would have been' Cadet's talent?

Very interesting statement. Do you know if many recent, and or current members marched with both corps?

i am thinking the crowd reactions to cadets show will help more than anything.

No.

This is like asking people that because of the North Carolina Tar Heel Basketball success, will the Duke Blue Devils be negatively impacted ?

The answer is " no ".

That's because these programs don't " recruit "........they " select ".

The top 7 or 8 Corps will have no difficulty finding the right bodies out of the hundreds that will audition from all over the world, not just regionally.

Edited by BRASSO

No.

This is like asking people that because of the North Carolina Tar Heel Basketball success, will the Duke Blue Devils be negatively impacted ?

The answer is " no ".

The top 7 or 8 Corps will have no difficulty finding the right bodies out of the hundreds that will audition from all over the world, not just regionally.

My thoughts exactly. Although, I think when people get hurt or sick or can't march because of financial difficulty, that could have some effect on the "selection" process when the season is already underway.

No.

The answer is " no ".

Good Point!

I'm talking about the intensity of marching with Cadets compared to any other corps. Ridiculously driven corps, of course. But it comes at a price, especially when you see so many of their members hurt with only a few weeks left of tour...

Not saying it's a bad thing, really. But I'd rather be a part of something a bit more relaxed.

Here's what I think..... and don't get me wrong, as you're probably mean well...... but if you are picking a Corps because you'd "rather be part of something a bit more relaxed ", then here's my prediction :

If that Corps picks you...... and several others with this relaxed preference attitude...... that Corps is GUARANTEED not to win a Title. This is my strongly held belief.

That said, best of luck with whatever you decide .

Edited by BRASSO