DCI/DCP Breakdown

Breakdown of DCI/DCP  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Music Major Influence in DCI

• I marched DCI and am/was a music major
    • I marched DCI and am/was NOT a music major
    • I never marched and am/was a music major
    • I never marched and am/was NOT a music major

This is just a poll to see how much of an influence being a music major has on DCI/DCP. I have talked to a few people who think you must be a music major in order to be "good enough" to march in DCI.

Does being a music major help a person make a corps? Or does the person who is not a music major but has a passion for marching have a better shot of making a corps?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never marched corps, marched four years in a top high school. Went to a terrific music school, but majored in philosophy and psychology.

Was a music major, but not in percussion. (voice was my primary instrument, music theory was my major)

It would be interesting to cross-tab these results with the "how old are you?" thread. For instance, I marched lat '70's-early'80's and was not a music major, and I think most of my compatriots then were not music majors either. But maybe its different with more recent marchers.

Never marched drum corps...marched jr high / hs and college marching bands back in PA. Some old friends marched Crossmen or Cadets in the 80s. And I hung around music majors. :)

I never marched. I would get ready every year but my grades were awful and my parents would never let me go. My instructors were Blue Devils and prepped me for (I believed) pretty much any audition. I should've gone when I turned 19 and left home but by then I felt like I would be too far behind with no experience. I was intimidated.

I was a music major for about 10 seconds until I saw all the pretty girls majoring in journalism. I love music, but there are some things I loved a little more in college. ;)