Madison Scouts 2010

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aren't they moving operations to Bloomington?

You opined as to whether they were changing their name.

I believe that you have read the information regarding the use of Star's rehearsal facility for pre-season camps correct?

EDIT: Gary, in case you didn't see the information, here is a link.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...&hl=Komnick

Edited by Roark1

You opined as to whether they were changing their name.

I believe that you have read the information regarding the use of Star's rehearsal facility for pre-season camps correct?

EDIT: Gary, in case you didn't see the information, here is a link.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...&hl=Komnick

It sure doesnt sound like the Scouts will have much to do in Madison anymore. They are using Stars old facility in Bloomington, & camps will be in Bloomington. I never thought I would see this happen...wow...

It sure doesnt sound like the Scouts will have much to do in Madison anymore. They are using Stars old facility in Bloomington, & camps will be in Bloomington. I never thought I would see this happen...wow...

One viewpoint I have heard expressed is that Scouts dont really spend much time in Madison now, so cosmetically at least them holding their rehearsal camps in Bloomington changes little. They will still host Drums On and keep the tie to the city of Madison in other ways. Although in honesty I could see that going away some day as well. They might simply be referred to as "The Scouts". This is a cost of competitiveness in today's DCI.

Did you read E.D. Chris Komnick's "Q&A" Press Release from, I don't know, several weeks ago??????? Did you read the part where the Scouts will have a greater presence in Madison this coming summer then they've had in the recent past????? Did you read where it's been a real challenge to get adequate practice facilities locally? Did you read where doing camps in Bloomington will dramatically help the Scouts be on a level playing field in more ways then one????........Did you read the part where Chris says that the Scouts will always be the Madison Scouts from Madison Wisconsin????

Consider the concept of a ball club going to "spring training."

There you have it.......No different!!!

They will still host Drums On and keep the tie to the city of Madison in other ways. Although in honesty I could see that going away some day as well. They might simply be referred to as "The Scouts". This is a cost of competitiveness in today's DCI.

Dan.......Man, that's a pretty depressing and pessimistic outlook. Any good news out their to report? (come on man, don't make me start calling you Ee'ore, or what ever that depressing donkey's name is from Winnie the Poo!)

Here's what I know: The Board of Directors, Chris Komnick and Jim Mason are all committed to making sure that your prediction never comes true!