Madison Scouts 2010

I'm not sure how these staff-change announcements qualify as "over-hype." Granted, there's a lot of excitement surrounding the announcements, but I think a fair bit of that is justified. Not only are we seeing some exciting developments for the Scouts, but we're also seeing a lot of familiar faces return to the fold. What remains to be seen is how it will all play out, but IMO it's a win-win for all involved.

It's not the staff announcements. Madison is being very smart posting this information right now.

It's the fans here and elsewhere that are over-hyping the news, and calling someone that disagrees a "hater" isn't helping that perception. Just let Madison do their thing, they'll be fine.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the staff announcements. Madison is being very smart posting this information right now.

It's the fans here and elsewhere that are over-hyping the news, and calling someone that disagrees a "hater" isn't helping that perception. Just let Madison do their thing, they'll be fine.

Oh really ? And how did you feel when your troopers came back from the brink of oblivion ??

Seriously ? You havebt said anything constructive or positive regarding the Scouts and these announcements..why are you here ??

Geoffrey

Jeez, I will never post in another Madison thread, if it is going to cause this must anger and consternation. In fact, I may never post in another thread dedicated to a specific corps again. If it going to generate this much scorn and derision, forget it. Some people are simply unable to take any type of criticism - constructive, or otherwise.

At what point do I have to simply go on television, and make the same plea that Rodney King made: "Why can't we all just get along?" Do I have to be billy-clubbed by LAPD officers first?

I can help you out with this part, me being LAPD and all.... But you have to hold up your part of the deal...

(dark humor)

Edited by Cop

Oh really ? And how did you feel when your troopers came back from the brink of oblivion ??

Seriously ? You havebt said anything constructive or positive regarding the Scouts and these announcements..why are you here ??

Geoffrey

In the post you referenced, I stated quite clearly that Madison is making some great moves both in the staff selections and the timing of the announcements. I'm sorry that my previous post invalidates your argument.

There's nothing wrong with Hype, but when it extends to the level of HYPE you are bound to be disappointed. Others may be trying to tease the superfans, but don't lump those of us who are trying to present a slightly lower speed of advancement into the realm of Haters.

In the post you referenced, I stated quite clearly that Madison is making some great moves both in the staff selections and the timing of the announcements. I'm sorry that my previous post invalidates your argument.

There's nothing wrong with Hype, but when it extends to the level of HYPE you are bound to be disappointed. Others may be trying to tease the superfans, but don't lump those of us who are trying to present a slightly lower speed of advancement into the realm of Haters.

Well, thanks for bringing us to our senses.

And if you ever find one of these fanatical Scouts fans posting in a Troopers thread, downplaying Troop fans excitement over making finals by reminding them that it doesn't much matter unless they do it again next year (or something else that rains on their parade), then come let me know. I'd be surprised to see it.

Heaven forbid Scouts fans should get a pass for a week or two on the heels of these announcements. :tongue:

Fortunately we've got several of you "hype police" around to help temper the excitement. I mean, just think where we'd be without your voice of reason! [/heavy sarcasm]

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Well, thanks for bringing us to our senses.

And if you ever find one of these fanatical Scouts fans posting in a Troopers thread, downplaying Troop fans excitement over making finals by reminding them that it doesn't much matter unless they do it again next year (or something else that rains on their parade), then come let me know. I'd be surprised to see it.

Heaven forbid Scouts fans should get a pass for a week or two on the heels of these announcements. :tongue:

Fortunately we've got several of you "hype police" around to help temper the excitement. I mean, just think where we'd be without your voice of reason! [/heavy sarcasm]

According to an old post the I remember, Pinwiz doesn't hate the Scouts, but can't stand their fans because we are too over the top and like our corps too much, or some such thing (I am paraphrasing of course).

Well this Madison Scouts fan:

Loves the Troopers and is so glad to see them back in finals and re-establish their identity. They have always been a great example of CLASS.

Likes every Troopers fan I have ever met personally, classy people one and all.

and, LOVES the Scouts and can't wait to see them grow and improve and find a way to present the Madison identity in an updated manner that works within the present confines of the activity.

I won't bag on his corps, or their fans.

Here's another thought. That which unites us (drum corps) is much stronger than that which divides us (preceived slights against our favorite crops). If we actually sat down with one another over a couple of beers/good bitter ales and talked drum crops, we'd probably get along really well.

Food for thought.

Ale = food.