Top ten Blue Devils shows of all time

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight correction: Scott Chandler's first involvement with us was the 1990 season.

BTW: Thanks for the love for both the 89 and 90 seasons...they aren't usually pointed out these days, and well...appreciate the love :)

That has to be some type of glaring cut and paste typo as I know that and remember talking to him and discussiong the "Tommy" guard outfits.

Maybe I meant before guys went into the guard or something, but wow, how embarassing for me to have such a glaring typo.......

And they won high guard with Scott at the helm in 1990 also.

G

..sigh

I wrote this in 2007, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary.

I wrote this today; 2008 and 2009 Devils are both included.

As absolutely terrific as are all of them, in the end, and with the glorious view of history on my side, I'll stick, ultimately, with the 1986 Blue Devils; perhaps my favorite drum and bugle corps of my time!

David, you are a scary good writer!! Your description of "1930" should be chiseled somewhere on the wall at MARS in Concord. Well done, sir! Plus, your selections of the other corps is classic!

Stripped of their blue attire and remade with a neutral color, free to explore and exploit the color pallette, their verion of the Blue Devils exceeds the supply of color in their musical ability and delivery alone.

You been hittin' the sauce again?

could be different next week but.....

1 1986

2 1984

3 1985

4 1992

5 2007

6 1983

7 1988

8 1989

9 1987

10 1994

I only have my 'through the years' dvd's as reference and have only seen them live in 05 but that is this weeks list.

strangely, my top ten individual BD tunes brings a completely different year order!

I started up a topic on that conversation piece if you'd like to elaborate (though "nuff said" comes to mind with your comment there :thumbup:).

Ya, I think I got you and G confused switching between best SCV and BD threads... reading comp was never a strength. Apparently, it still ain't! I'm gettin' old!!!